Saratoga Springs holds annual day of service, remembrance to honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
The life of assassinated civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. will be commemorated as a Day of Community Service and remembrance at Saratoga Springs Public Library on Monday, Jan. 20. All are encouraged to participate.
Additionally, Skidmore’s Office of Religious and Spiritual Life encourages community members to join the conversation via social media, posing the question: “Where is Martin Luther King, Jr.'s method and message most needed today?” Respond on Skidmore’s Facebook page, or via Twitter using #Skidmore #MLKDay.
Saratoga Day of Service and Remembrance Program
Community Service (9:30 – 1:15pm)
- Community Service Volunteers meet at the library for assignments
- Community Service
- Lunch Served by Volunteers
Remembrance (2 pm - 4pm)
- Newly inaugurated Mayor Joanne Yepsen will lead a celebration
- SHYFT (formerly Saratoga Performing Youth Artists) will perform
- Live music from Mt. Olivet Church Choir
- Audio and video discussion of King’s work
For more on the program, click here.