CommunityLearn to Knit
Virtual: Please note this event is on a waitlist, if you would like to be added to the waitlist click hereClass Leader: Jen Mcdonald (Director of Health Promotion)This program is appropriate for…Read More
Artist TalkSaidiya Hartman Interview
CO Calendar Only : Professor of English and Comparative Literature, Columbia University MacArthur Fellow, 2019 AUTHOR OF: Wayward Lives, Beautiful Experiments Intimate Histories of Riotous Black…Read More
Virtual EventMalloy Lecture
CO Calendar Only : The Art Department would like to invite you to join this year’s Malloy Lecture, Mike Perry, in a virtual event Friday, March 12, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Mike Perry is an Emmy winning…Read More
- The president extends a warm welcome to faculty, staff and students to a new semester on Skidmore’s beautiful campus, while also emphasizing the need for heightened vigilance to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Across disciplines ranging from English literature and history to Black studies and music, Skidmore faculty members offer their own perspectives on the significance of the inauguration of U.S. President Joseph Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.
- Skidmore alumni, parents and friends share experiences designed to prepare and inspire the classes of 2020 and 2021 during this unique time in history.
- Associate Professor of Psychology Corinne Moss-Racusin is the only known recipient in the history of the prestigious award to be affiliated with a liberal arts college rather than a major research institution.
- Political science, history and Black studies faculty discussed the historical significance and impact of the Jan. 6 mob attack on the U.S. Capitol, and affirmed the central role of colleges in countering misinformation.
- How would you express Creative Thought Matters in under a minute? Check out this video for a cross section of Skidmore College in less than 60 seconds.
- As Skidmore looks to 2021, members of College faculty and leadership believe the liberal arts offer a way to navigate through tumultuous times toward a hopeful vision for the future.
- Around the world and close to home, 2020 presented enormous challenges but also offered moments of incredible perseverance and compassion. The entire Skidmore community also demonstrated true heroism, resilience and — most of all — creativity.
- Elliot Kreitenberg ’14 and Leejay Pollacchi ’13 are behind a groundbreaking UVC disinfection system being used to sanitize airplane interiors and potentially reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19 during air travel.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.