LectureCollecting Latinidad: A Conversation with Ariana…
Tang Teaching Museum Payne: Join us on Wednesday, February 19, at 5:30 PM, for a conversation between Ariana Curtis, curator of Latinx Studies at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American…Read More
CommunityMoonCatcher Sewing Bee
Tang Teaching Museum Payne: Join us Thursday, February 20, at 6:00 PM, for a sewing bee with the MoonCatcher Project, a grassroots volunteer organization based in Schenectady, New York, that creates…Read More
DiscussionDunkerley Dialogue with Andres Serrano and Robert…
Tang Teaching Museum Payne: Join us Wednesday, March 18, at 6:00 PM for a Dunkerley Dialogue with artist Andres Serrano, whose work is on view in the exhibition FLEX, and Skidmore professor of…Read More
Tang Teaching Museum Payne: Join us on Saturday, February 22, at 1:00 PM, for Family Saturday: Rock Climbing Landscape. After looking at several scholars’ rocks and the wonderfully congested…Read More
- Students, alumni, employees and basketball fans cheered for the Thoroughbreds — and screamed for a Stewart’s ice cream flavor newly named for Skidmore — at the College’s annual Big Green Scream.
- As the Kenneth A. Freirich Business Plan Competition celebrates its 10th anniversary, an endowment ensures the transformational mentorship experience continues.
- Lara Ayad, assistant professor of art history, is the new host of WMHT Public Media’s arts program “AHA! A House for Arts.”
- A new Skidmore tradition lets students borrow art from the Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery.
- Conner, who will become the College’s eighth president in July, paid a visit to campus, where he was welcomed by College leadership, faculty, staff and students.
- The new space will provide a dedicated location to collaborate and think creatively about equity and inclusion. It will also serve as a hub for people from diverse cultures, identities, religions and other backgrounds.
- Skidmore and the local community are joining together to collect used musical instruments for students in the North Country.
- Creating Our Future: The Campaign for Skidmore has surpassed $200 million, providing new opportunities for students and reinforcing Skidmore’s position as one of the nation’s finest liberal arts colleges.
- Winter may mean snow, and some cold temperatures, but it’s also a season filled with some of our favorite traditions and events that are distinctly Skidmore.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.