Performance - DanceMetamorphosis: A New Dance by Jason Ohlberg
TANG Malloy Wing: Join us on Thursday, September 20, in the exhibition Give a damn. for the first public presentation of Metamorphosis, a dance choreographed by Skidmore Assistant Professor of Dance…Read More
LectureHeathy People, Healthy Planet: WELL Buildings…
year career at the US Green Building Council. The International WELL Building Institute (IWBI) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people…Read More
FilmFriday Night Out Series: Inside Out
Spa: Join us at The Spa where we will be showing the DisneyPixar movie: INSIDE OUT! The Peer Health Educators will be providing snacks and activities, and we invite you to sign up here*RSVP not…Read More
WorkshopSocial Activism and Expression through DIY Zines:…
TANG Atrium: Join us Wednesday, September 26, at 6:00 PM, for an open workshop where we'll craft, collage, and discuss zines and activism. Organized by the Skidmore Zine Club and the Tang’s Student…Read More
- Groups of faculty members and students will participate in storytelling workshops, culminating in a StorySLAM event on Sept. 30, which will be recorded for possible broadcast on a future episode of The Moth Radio Hour and The Moth Podcast.
- Skidmore students — both new and returning — braved the heat this week to celebrate the start of another new academic year together. Check out the welcome week in pictures.
- Even before stepping into classrooms on Sept. 5, members of Skidmore College’s Class of 2022 had already helped in Cambodian and Jamaican orphanages and worked on coral reef restoration.
- Thoroughbreds fall sports are in full swing with men’s soccer posting a win in their home opener at Wachenheim Field and women’s field hockey, women’s soccer and women's volleyball bringing home wins from the road.
- Which classes to take, experiences to jump in to, people to meet and more – Skidmore alumni welcome the Class of 2022 to campus with wholehearted advice.
- This summer, 77 students were awarded $4,000 or more to dive headfirst into life and career-changing opportunities around the world. From fighting the spread of measles in Sierra Leone to coding a start-up’s technology in Lyon, France, hear their stories.
- Donna Ng, a senior financial and administrative executive with extensive experience in higher education, has been appointed Skidmore’s next vice president for finance and administration and treasurer.
- Meg Estapa, assistant professor of geoscience, is on a joint mission with NASA and the National Science Foundation to go 3,300 feet below the surface of the ocean, otherwise known as the twilight zone.
- My name is Zoe Pagliaro and I, along with Michaela Bonforte, spent our summer stewarding Skidmore’s North Woods. From trail maintenance to bug hotels, here’s a look at what it was like to have a job where you’re required to explore nature and share it with others!
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.