AthleticSkidmore Field Hockey vs. Cancer
Virtual: The annual Skidmore Field Hockey vs. Cancer fundraiser will take place virtually at 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 23, when the team hosts an intersquad scrimmage. Since fans are not allowed to attend,…Read More
CommunityTang at Home Studio
TANG Tang Teaching Museum: Join us on Friday, October 23, at 5:00 PM, for Tang at Home Studio: Get Up and Move! Tschabalala Self’s work, Vanity, in the exhibition Never Done keeps the viewer…Read More
Artist TalkOne Night One Hour, Comedy in 2020 with Jaboukie…
Calendar Only: Spend One Night, One Hour with… Daily Show Correspondent and Comedian Jaboukie Young White Friday, October 23, 2020 7:00pm EST Closed Captioning will be available. Talk…Read More
PresentationScience on Tap
Virtual: Myla Aronson from Rutgers University will give a presentation titled “Restoring Nature in the Concrete Jungle” at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27, via Zoom. Registration is required. For more…Read More
- During a livestreamed event, Miranda shared touching and humorous anecdotes about his career, family and "Siempre, Luis," the new HBO documentary about his life.
- Ahead of an Oct. 24 transfer open house and the Nov. 1 fall transfer application deadline, recent transfer students share their thoughts on coming to Skidmore.
- Online format allows notable parent and alumni mentors from all over the world to network with students interested in learning more about various careers.
- The comprehensive new site compiles voting resources, a slate of College-sponsored events and faculty analyses for easy access by the campus and broader communities.
- The first phase of Skidmore’s Center for Integrated Sciences (CIS), the largest single academic initiative in College history, has been completed and is open for the fall semester.
- Although the COVID-19 pandemic has forced the cancellation of Liberty League competition this fall, student-athletes and all Skidmore students continue to enjoy lots of opportunities to stay active this semester.
- The associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, who died Friday, visited the Saratoga Race Course and had dinner at Scribner House, the Skidmore College president’s residence, in 2000.
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Skidmore No. 36 among national liberal arts colleges on its 2021 Best Colleges list and placed it in the top 50 in the “Best Undergraduate Teaching” and “Best Value School” categories.
- As promised in President Marc Conner's first day message on July 1, the College has launched a yearlong series of projects that seek to address the realities of racial injustice locally, nationally and globally.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.