LectureVirtual Brown Bag: "Toxic Fascism: Pesticides…
CO Calendar Only : José Ramón Bertomeu Sánchez is a historian of science at the University of Valencia and the director of the López Piñero Interuniversity Institute, a research center in Spain…Read More
PresentationScience on Tap
Virtual: Myla Aronson from Rutgers University will give a presentation titled “Restoring Nature in the Concrete Jungle” at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27, via Zoom. Registration is required. For more…Read More
CommunityTang Live: Pocket Lectures
TANG Tang Teaching Museum: Join us on Thursday, October 29, at 7:00 PM, for this week’s Tang Live, a Skidmore studentrun event on the Tang’s Instagram. Tang Design Intern Heidi Birch ’22 hosts a…Read More
TourCurators’ Tour of Never Done
TANG Tang Teaching Museum: Join us Friday, October 30, at noon, via Zoom, as Tang Assistant Director for Curatorial Affairs and Malloy Curator Rachel Seligman and Skidmore faculty cocurator Minita…Read More
- Two exhibitions at Skidmore's Tang Teaching Museum honor the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment as an opportunity to explore how far women have come — and how much more still needs to be done.
- During a livestreamed event, Miranda shared touching and humorous anecdotes about his career, family and "Siempre, Luis," the new HBO documentary about his life.
- Ahead of an Oct. 24 transfer open house and the Nov. 1 fall transfer application deadline, recent transfer students share their thoughts on coming to Skidmore.
- Online format allows notable parent and alumni mentors from all over the world to network with students interested in learning more about various careers.
- The comprehensive new site compiles voting resources, a slate of College-sponsored events and faculty analyses for easy access by the campus and broader communities.
- The first phase of Skidmore’s Center for Integrated Sciences (CIS), the largest single academic initiative in College history, has been completed and is open for the fall semester.
- Although the COVID-19 pandemic has forced the cancellation of Liberty League competition this fall, student-athletes and all Skidmore students continue to enjoy lots of opportunities to stay active this semester.
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Skidmore No. 36 among national liberal arts colleges on its 2021 Best Colleges list and placed it in the top 50 in the “Best Undergraduate Teaching” and “Best Value School” categories.
- As promised in President Marc Conner's first day message on July 1, the College has launched a yearlong series of projects that seek to address the realities of racial injustice locally, nationally and globally.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.