ReadingOnline Readings of Young Adult Novels
Virtual: Class Leader: Bella PittlMy favorite books to read are novels by authors like Rainbow Rowell, James Patterson, Stephanie Meyer, etc. Books like Hunger Games, Divergent, Eleanor and Park are…Read More
CommunityKnitting in the Round - Pompom Hat, Cowl, Headband
Virtual: Class Leader: Jen McDonald (Director of Health Promotion)This program is appropriate for students who have some knitting experience and are ready to learn some new knitting skills. Supplies…Read More
CommunityLearn To Make Ribbonmaile Jewelry & Charms
Virtual: Class Leader: Valen LawsonJoin us for this workshop and we’ll walk you through how to make ribbonmaile jewelry and charms with no pliers, adhesives, or jewelry making experience…Read More
FilmBook & Movie Club
Virtual: Class Leader: Jaclyn FingerJoin us in reading and discussing two books and their corresponding movies: "I'm Thinking of Ending Things" by Ian Reid and "Crazy Rich Asians" by Kevin Kwan.Click…Read More
- Associate Professor of Psychology Corinne Moss-Racusin is the only known recipient in the history of the prestigious award to be affiliated with a liberal arts college rather than a major research institution.
- Political science, history and Black studies faculty discussed the historical significance and impact of the Jan. 6 mob attack on the U.S. Capitol, and affirmed the central role of colleges in countering misinformation.
- How would you express Creative Thought Matters in under a minute? Check out this video for a cross section of Skidmore College in less than 60 seconds.
- As Skidmore looks to 2021, members of College faculty and leadership believe the liberal arts offer a way to navigate through tumultuous times toward a hopeful vision for the future.
- Around the world and close to home, 2020 presented enormous challenges but also offered moments of incredible perseverance and compassion. The entire Skidmore community also demonstrated true heroism, resilience and — most of all — creativity.
- Elliot Kreitenberg ’14 and Leejay Pollacchi ’13 are behind a groundbreaking UVC disinfection system being used to sanitize airplane interiors and potentially reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19 during air travel.
- President Marc Conner and Barbara Reyes-Conner reflect on the Skidmore community’s good will and strength in the face of incredible challenges and extend wishes for a joyous and peaceful holiday season.
- The first major snowfall of the season quickly covered Skidmore’s campus with waist-high snow, offering scenes of wintery peace, beauty and wonder during this holiday season.
- Cross-cultural experiences, artistic achievement and innovative research — Skidmore students achieved these and much more during an extraordinary semester framed by a global pandemic.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.