Tang TourBehind-the-Scenes Tour with Rachel Seligman
TANG Tang Teaching Museum: Experience a BehindtheScenes Tour with Assistant Director for Curatorial Affairs and Malloy Curator Rachel Seligman on Tuesday, August 21, at noon.This tour is free and open…Read More
Performance - MusicUpbeat on the Roof with Bear Grass
TANG Rooftop: Singer/songwriter Katie Hammond began Bear Grass in 2012 as a soloproject, creating quirky songs with lyrics drawing from her childhood memories. Over the next two years she was joined…Read More
Tang TourCurator's tour of Give damn. with Rebecca McNamara
TANG Tang Teaching Museum: Join Mellon Collections Curator Rebecca McNamara for a tour of Give a damn. on Tuesday, August 28, at noon. This event is free and open to the public.Read More
Performance - MusicUpbeat on the Roof with Arthur Brooks Ensemble V
Tang Teaching Museum Rooftop: The Arthur Brooks Ensemble is an improvisational jazz group led by musician, composer, trumpeter/flugelhornist Arthur Brooks. Founded at Bennington College in 1973, its…Read More
- Meg Estapa, assistant professor of geoscience, is on a joint mission with NASA and the National Science Foundation to go 3,300 feet below the surface of the ocean, otherwise known as the twilight zone.
- My name is Zoe Pagliaro and I, along with Michaela Bonforte, spent our summer stewarding Skidmore’s North Woods. From trail maintenance to bug hotels, here’s a look at what it was like to have a job where you’re required to explore nature and share it with others!
- Here's something a little different: we pulled together some fast-paced, interesting and occasionally even down-right inspiring videos about Skidmore. They may not hold you over until Season 8 of "Game of Thrones," but they'll illustrate the Skidmore vibe.
- Elissa Nadworny ‘10, producer and reporter at NPR, is sharing Skidmore’s story on national airwaves, recounting her experience in a popular course that has helped hundreds of students get their first jobs.
- Because the first semester of college is a major transition. Happily, the Summer Advising Program offers a personalized introduction to the boundless opportunities that await first-year students at Skidmore.
- Trying to figure out what life might like at Skidmore? Here on a summer visit? Add a few of these stops to your agenda for an authentic Skidmore experience while you’re in town.
- Over 500 supporters gathered at the Saratoga Polo Fields to raise a record-breaking $320,000 to benefit the Palamountain Scholarship Fund.
- Naira Abdula comes from Mozambique, a country with one of the lowest literacy rates in the world. At Skidmore, she’s gaining business and economics skills while raising funds to teach children to read, write, and count using interactive technology.
- How does a summer morning spent simulating on-scene firefighter tasks in high heat and humidity with 30+ pounds of fire gear feel? That just what Denise Smith, professor of health and human physiological sciences, along with Skidmore students, alumni, and several first responders wanted to find out.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.