Tang Teaching Museum Payne: Looking at the Beehive Project, a collaborative work by Frank Moore and Jim Self in the exhibition Beauty and Bite, we will create our own 3D “stage” where we imagine a…Read More
TourBehind the Scenes Tour with Rachel Seligman
Tang Teaching Museum Tang Teaching Museum: Join Assistant Director for Curatorial Affairs and Malloy Curator Rachel Seligman for a behindthescenes tour of the Tang at noon on November 19.This event is…Read More
Information TableIce Cream Tasting
Case Center Skid Shop Table #1: As some of you already know, Stewarts Ice Cream and Skidmore College are teaming up! Together we are releasing a Skidmore ice cream flavor in the spring of 2020 and…Read More
FilmWhole Grain: the Choreocinema of Maya Deren
Tang Teaching Museum Somers: Join us Wednesday, November 20, at 7:00 pm, for the screening of four of Maya Deren’s films which blend the process of choreography and filmmaking, forming her unique…Read More
- President Philip and Marie Glotzbach reflect on 17 years of leadership at Skidmore College.
- A history major and political science minor from the Boston area, Jacques Klapisch ’21 says the combination of a campus visit and research opportunities helped him decide on Skidmore.
- For Skidmore professors Petra Watzke and Garett Wilson, the 30th anniversary of the Berlin Wall’s demise is a chance to explore the legacy of walls across the globe.
- The student-led event shares sustainable local food with the Skidmore community and supports the community at large.
- The program has provided more than $108,000 and 38,000 school supplies and food items to Saratoga County nonprofits and agencies since 2006.
- Kristen Carbone ’03, who studied art history at Skidmore, is now a tech entrepreneur and is helping those affected by breast cancer.
- The building’s North Wing, slated for completion in the spring, is taking shape and features a state-of-the-art geothermal system.
- Jourdain Patrick '20 has discovered that everyone at Skidmore has a unique playlist for their college journey. When you mix them together, things really start to vibe.
- The Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery has received two major gifts from the Ellsworth Kelly Foundation and photographer and curator Jack Shear.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.