ConferenceMaya Mural Seminar
Tang Museum: This event is part of 7000 Fragments: Maya Murals from San Bartolo, Guatemala, an exhibition at the Tang Teaching Museum, April 2128, 2018, Payne Room.7000 Fragments will host…Read More
CommunityThe Skidmore Out of the Darkness Walk for Suicide…
Case Green: The walk is a journey of remembrance, hope, support, and a walk that unites a campus and community – Join us and a quarter of a million people from hundreds of college campuses across…Read More
ReadingThe Writing Center Reading Series, Spring Edition
ZANKEL Thomas Amptitheatre: The Writing Center hosts an outdoor evening of readings and performance by tutors, featuring drama, fiction, poetry, and danceThis event is freeCheck out our Facebook page…Read More
- Students, staff and faculty joined together for an afternoon of mystery “making” at the Hub, a Skidmore maker space.
- Inspired by Skidmore professors’ intellectual curiosities and passions, the Scribner Seminar is a cornerstone of the First-Year Experience. Browse a few of the Fall 2018 seminar offerings.
- Who is your mentor? Associate Professor Tim Harper and his mentee, Alison Ungaro '18, and Professor Patricia Fehling and her mentee, Kasia Dillon '19, share their stories.
- In the “Civic engagement and volunteering” episode of This is Skidmore, we hear Michelle Hubbs, director of community service programs, talk about the many ways Skidmore students make a difference for others.
- Skidmore senior Graham Gilmore earned $20,000 to grow his kombucha business with a compelling presentation and top-quality product.
- At Skidmore, green is more than just our school color. It’s embedded in our campus culture. With scores of student projects and dozens of campuswide initiatives, it’s a mission we’re all committed to sustaining.
- Marley Amico, a junior at Skidmore, takes us behind the scenes of her recent alternative spring-break trip to Guatemala to participate in service work and a cross-cultural exchange.
- How do Skidmore students find their major? To find out, we talked to five students about their personal journeys to making their own “major” decisions.
- Skidmore students are crafting learning experiences as individual as they are through off-campus study and exchanges, courses, internships and more.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits. .