Community6 Weeks to Better Health
Virtual: Class Leader: Wendy Walker, Office of Health PromotionWanna learn to eat better, lose some weight, or workout more regularly? They say that it takes 6 weeks to make a habit. Join us for a 6…Read More
CommunityOn Line Holiday Sale
CO Calendar Only : Enjoy a 15% discount on branded merchandise with this one day sale. Great savings on clothing, glassware, and more just in time for the holiday season. Check out the website on…Read More
ReadingOnline Readings of Young Adult Novels
Virtual: Class Leader: Bella PittlMy favorite books to read are novels by authors like Rainbow Rowell, James Patterson, Stephanie Meyer, etc. Books like Hunger Games, Divergent, Eleanor and Park are…Read More
CommunityKnitting in the Round - Pompom Hat, Cowl, Headband
Virtual: Class Leader: Jen McDonald (Director of Health Promotion)This program is appropriate for students who have some knitting experience and are ready to learn some new knitting skills. Supplies…Read More
- Skidmore Cares 2020 donation drive collects more than 6,000 items to help those in need during particularly challenging times.
- The editors of The New York Times Book Review have included Skidmore College President and literary scholar Marc C. Conner’s latest book, “The Selected Letters of Ralph Ellison,” in their list of “100 Notable Books of 2020."
- The Skidmore College community has come together this semester to maintain a safe campus, allowing the College to successfully offer 12 weeks of fulfilling in-person instruction and move forward with major initiatives for the future.
- Although this fall brought unique challenges associated with COVID-19, students also enjoyed many of the experiences that characterize Skidmore’s on-campus experience, from opportunities to train with teammates to meaningful conversations with friends.
- Beatlemore Skidmania, the annual concert that features students’ reinterpretations of Beatles classics, will be celebrated virtually this year as the Skidmore tradition marks its 20th anniversary.
- This year, the list of noteworthy holiday gifts is giving special attention to Black-owned businesses, including 2.4.1 Cosmetics, co-owned and co-founded by Helena Yohannes ‘04.
- Faculty experts from the Political Science Department partner with the Tang Teaching Museum to provide perspective and context around this year’s historic election.
- In line with Skidmore's Racial Justice Initiative, the College has joined the University of Southern California Race and Equity Center’s Liberal Arts College Racial Equity Leadership Alliance as a founding participant.
- Peer health educators are integral to wellness efforts at Skidmore, serving as resources to confide in and role models to emulate.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.