CommunityUpbeat on the Roof
Tang: Join us Thursday, August 18, at 6 pm, for a performance by jazzfunk trio Henry Raker and the Fungi on the lawn outside the Tang. A dropin artmaking table for kids will be available beginning at…Read More
Palamountain Hall Gannett Auditorium: On Tuesday, September 20 at 5:30 PM in Gannett Auditorium, Dr. Kate Teltscher will deliver a lecture entitled “‘The best botany book ever published’: Kew…Read More
LectureMalloy Lecture 2022
Filene Hall Filene Recital Hall: Laylah Ali is a visual artist whose main focus over her career has been paintings and drawings, though she has also worked in performance and online media. She has…Read More
CommunityCelebration Weekend 2022
Calendar Only Calendar Only #1: Celebration Weekend 2022 is scheduled for October 1416! Join us for this annual event welcoming the families of Skidmore students to campus. Please see link below for…Read More
- Plotnick’s work was included in a package of The Washington Post’s coverage of the January 6 insurrection, which was awarded a Pulitzer Prize in Public Service. She spoke with current student and aspiring radio journalist Aaron Shellow-Lavine ’23 about her time at Skidmore and career in journalism.
- Senior research yields year-round growing and gathering space that will bolster sustainability efforts, coursework, and well-being at Skidmore.
- Like the city of Saratoga Springs, Skidmore’s campus is teeming with activity over the summer, from rich cultural programming to unique learning experiences.
- Thirteen Skidmore College community members answered, "What's one book you're reading right now, or recommend reading this summer?" From sci-fi to memoir and more, here are their selections.
- Skidmore’s GIS program merges science, creativity, and access to extensive data and resources to enhance faculty-student research, including a study of landscape-altering caterpillars.
- With campus resources and faculty support, Kathryn Brodie defined her own creative path that merged seemingly disparate passions – dance and documentary film.
- Ice hockey standout Austin Rook '22 has been named to the NCAA Division III 2022 Academic All-America men's at-large third team, one of only 17 athletes with a perfect 4.0 GPA and the second Skidmore hockey player ever to receive the distinction.
- Skidmore’s dedicated space for prioritizing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice has been named in recognition of the leadership and support of parents Alicia and Bob Wyckoff.
- Hundreds of alumni returned to campus for the second of two Reunion Weekends and opportunities to catch up with classmates and learn about exciting developments at Skidmore.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.