Performance - MusicUpbeat on the Roof with Decoda
Tang Teaching Museum Payne: The New York Citybased affiliate ensemble of Carnegie Hall returns to the Tang for an engaging evening of classical music. Decoda’s performances over the last few years…Read More
ReadingWriters Public Reading
PALMTN Davis Auditorium: Readings featuring Novelist William Kennedy and Fictionist Amy Hempel.Free and open to the publicRead More
Performance - MusicDecoda Student Performance
Zankel Music Center Helen Filene Ladd Concert Hall: Featuring Decoda │ Skidmore Chamber Music Institute participants. Free admission, no tickets required.Read More
TANG Payne: Join us Saturday, July 20 at 2:00pm for Family Saturday: Connecting Sound, Color and Movement. In the exhibition Elevator Music 39: Bug, we will discover how our sense of sound and color…Read More
- Learning to ride a bike is no easy feat. As Hadia Bakkar ’20 can attest, “Much like the slopes and hills of Skidmore’s campus mirror many college experiences, my biking journey was not a flat path.”
- The Community Builders Recognition Award celebrates the commitment of Philip and Marie Glotzbach to diversity at Skidmore and to enhancing the quality of life in Saratoga Springs and beyond.
- The event benefits the Palamountain Scholarship Fund, which has provided 400 scholarships to students since 1979. Nkosingiphile “NK” Nonhlakanipho Mabaso '19 is receiving the sixth Anne T. Palamountain Scholar Award at the Tuesday, July 23 event.
- Jack Mulhern ’17 is making a name for himself in the popular Netflix series “The Society.” But before he was a viral television sensation, he was testing out his writing and directing skills in Skidmore’s Theater Department.
- As a Zimbabwean raised in Swaziland, living in Barbados and attending college in the United States, Sindi Mafico '19 has developed a taste for international experiences that challenge her and allow her to pursue different avenues.
- What will the Class of 2023 learn in its first semester? Inspired by Skidmore professors' intellectual curiosities and passions, Scribner Seminars are a cornerstone of the First-Year Experience.
- Skidmore’s Faculty-Student Summer Research program allows students to explore pressing issues while forging lasting relationships with faculty — a characteristic of the College's tight-knit community.
- Award-winning authors mentor students and present free public readings and discussions during the four-week program.
- Skidmore alumni bring creative thought to careers in every industry. For Susan Law Dake ’71, Ben Van Leeuwen ’07, and Seth McEachron ’04, creative business strides are measured, in part, by pints, scoops and flavors.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.