Campus and Regional Events
Performance - MusicStrings of Three Continents: Gao Hong, Leonard…
Zankel Music Center: Chinese composer and master of the pipa (pearshaped lute) Gao Hong is joined by Venezuelan harpist Leonard Jacome and Kadialy Kouyaté, a Senegalese kora artist based in London,…Read More
Performance - MusicSenior Recital: Greg Tillman
Zankel Music Center: Greg Tillman is an electric bassist and double major in Music and Biology at Skidmore College. He became involved in music at a young age, as his father Bill is a bass player as…Read More
Performance - MusicYoung Kim and Skidmore Pianists
Zankel Music Center: Senior ArtistinResidence and Steinway Artist Young Kim and Skidmore piano students will perform the works of trailblazing women composers such as Clara Schumann, Cecile Chaminade,…Read More
Performance - MusicSkidmore in Concert: Brass and Woodwin Ensembles
Zankel Music Center: Free and open to the public, the Skidmore in Concert series showcases the vibrance of our shared creative community. All events take place in the Helen Filene Ladd Concert Hall…Read More
Campus and Regional Events
- Ricker, who has more than two decades of experience in admissions and enrollment management at liberal arts colleges, will join Skidmore in June.
- Two prolific choreographers from San Francisco-based ODC/Dance participated in a five-day residency at Skidmore College, collaborating with students in the Dance Department to create an original work.
- Construction of Skidmore’s McCaffery-Wagman Tennis and Wellness Center is now underway, with outdoor tennis courts set to open for the fall semester. Watch a video and learn more about how this innovative, integrated approach to health and wellness will benefit the entire Skidmore community.
- A new partnership between the Arts Administration Program and Universal Preservation Hall in downtown Saratoga Springs offers students valuable field experiences and opportunities to network.
- Academic and art historian Mary Schmidt Campbell and scholar and civil rights attorney Frederick M. Lawrence will receive honorary degrees at Commencement Exercises on May 20. Assistant Professor of Anthropology Joowon Park has been selected as faculty Commencement speaker.
- The entrepreneurial workshop and competition helps students hone skills in business, marketing, and design – from turning an idea into a prototype to making a pitch to investors.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.