CommunityTim Davis - When We Are Dancing (I Get Ideas).…
TANG Malloy Wing: Join us at 4:00 PM for a gallery talk by artist Tim Davis, whose new exhibition Tim Davis — When We Are Dancing (I Get Ideas) opens today. A reception in the museum’s atrium…Read More
ReceptionTim Davis - When We Are Dancing (I Get Ideas)…
TANG Atrium: Join us at 5:00 PM for a reception celebrating the opening of Tim Davis — When We Are Dancing (I Get Ideas). The event is free and open to the public. Image caption: Church of Thirst by…Read More
LectureChristopher Silver Lecture
PALMTN Gannett Auditorium: Jews, Muslims, and Music in the 20th Century Maghrib: a History in Three Records Admissions is free and open to the public A lecture by Chris Silver Segal Family…Read More
Tang TourCurator's Tour with Molly Channnon
TANG Tang Teaching Museum: Join us in 3D: Doings The Imagist Object in Chicago Art, 19641980 on Tuesday, October 23, at noon, for a tour with Molly Channon, Curatorial Assistant. This event is free…Read More
- In recent years, about half of Skidmore’s incoming classes enrolled though the Early Decision application process. It’s a trend that is on the rise at Skidmore and across the United States.
- Events include a men's soccer game vs. St. Lawrence, a Center for Integrated Sciences groundbreaking ceremony, a keynote address by paleontologist Neil Shubin and the dedication of Skidmore’s new Valentine Boathouse.
- U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) and her Republican challenger Chele Farley will face off in a debate before the November midterm election at the Arthur Zankel Music Center on Oct. 21.
- Hassan López, an associate professor in Skidmore’s Neuroscience Program, is also a successful game developer. His new board game — “Maniacal,” a strategy game for aspiring supervillains — is set for release this spring.
- The Assistance to Firefighters Grant from FEMA will enable professor Denise L. Smith and colleagues to put research findings into practice and help protect firefighters’ hearts.
- The family of Charlotte Lamson Clarke ’53, who died in 2016, has given a $2 million gift to establish in her memory Skidmore College’s first endowed chair in art history.
- A recent live storytelling performance, produced by the renowned nonprofit, The Moth, and hosted by Skidmore’s MDOCs program, empowered and energized a new generation of storytellers at Skidmore College.
- Learn about Saisselin’s remarkable history and see photos from the anniversary event.
- Skidmore students, faculty, staff and community members recently gathered to share their responses as part of the Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery’s public art project, “For Freedoms.”
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.