CommunityRoommate: Living with Tang Art Preview
TANG Payne: Join us Thursday, January 23, at 6:00 PM, to celebrate the launch of Roommate: Living with Tang Art, the Tang’s new art loan program, which invites Skidmore students to borrow artwork…Read More
CommunityRoommate: Living with Tang Art Pick-Up Day
TANG Payne: Today’s the day! For the first time, the Tang will be loaning work from the museum’s collection to Skidmore College students. Students are encouraged to line up early for an…Read More
WorkshopBetween the Mountains Ink Workshop
TANG Payne: Join Serena Hildebrandt ’20, curator of Between the Mountains, on Wednesday, January 29, at 6:00 PM, for a workshop on painting with ink. Between the Mountains brings together…Read More
DiscussionExploring Museum Careers
TANG Atrium: Exploring Museum Careers: Panel & DiscussionThursday, January 30, 20206:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.Tang Teaching MuseumRefreshments and doorprizes!Registration not required. Open to all…Read More
- What does it take to be a seven-time champion of an American Culinary Federation-sanctioned cooking competition? Members of Skidmore’s Dining Services team say lots of practice and a healthy serving of creativity.
- What goes into building a new science center? Take a look at the staggering figures behind the first phase of the largest, single academic initiative in Skidmore's history.
- Conner, provost of Washington and Lee University, innovative leader of interdisciplinary academic programs and longtime advocate of diversity and inclusion, begins July 1, 2020.
- A recent alumna reflects on the connections and inspiration she found as a member of the international scholarship program.
- If you had to choose one photo to capture life and learning at Skidmore in 2019, which would you choose? All year, across campus and around the world, we’ve been collecting photos that represent Skidmore and our unique brand of creativity. Here are some of our favorites.
- “Tiffany & Co. has built a secret lab to crush its rivals,” says Bloomberg. Others call it a “think tank” and a “lab of shiny dreams.” But it’s the label that a recent grad has given it that elicits genuine pride for Dana Naberezny ’95: “a mini Skidmore.”
- A political science major and film and media studies minor, Hadia Bakkar ’20 plans to pursue a career in journalism. She describes Skidmore as a place where everyone can pursue their own unique experiences.
- After an impressive semester in their sports and classrooms, 32 Skidmore College student-athletes were recognized for their academic achievements by earning spots on the Liberty League fall All-Academic teams.
- Off campus, she is Ms. Goldstein, the teacher. On campus, she is Hillary, the college student. Balancing both roles can be equal parts hectic and exciting. Here is a day in the life of Hillary Goldstein ’20.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.