LectureOctavio Roca Talk
Dance Theater: To celebrate the historic visit of National Ballet of Cuba to the Capital Region, renowned dance historian, critic and author of Cuban Ballet, Octavio Roca, will visit Saratoga for an…Read More
Performance - DanceThe National Ballet of Cuba, Giselle
sponsored by Skidmore College National Ballet of Cuba dancers are known around the world for their exuberant flair and uniquely Cuban style. Admired for their beautiful footwork, strong dancers, and…Read More
ConferenceThe MDOCS Forum - Keynote Opening Event
Calendar Only Calendar Only: Thursday, June 7 @ 6pm, Payne Room, Tang Museum The Director, Cinematographer, and Editor of the new documentary The Feeling of Being Watched, shows clips from and…Read More
Artist TalkMDOCS Forum - Keynote 2 Hasan Elahi Artist Talk
Tang Teaching Museum Payne: Hasan Elahi is an artist whose work examines issues of surveillance, citizenship, migration, transport, and the challenges of borders and frontiers. His work has been…Read More
- Equipped with hands-on experience, new networks, diplomas and a dose of creative thought, grads are ready to tackle both graduate school and the working world.
- Parents and family members of Skidmore’s Class of 2018 have set a new record by raising more than $1.3 million in gifts and pledges for the Class of 2018 Parents Fund.
- From academics and athletics, to awards, accolades and even a few (thousand pounds of) chicken fingers eaten, learn what makes this graduating group stand out.
- The big day is nearly here! We’re answering all of your questions about speakers, schedules, seating and more.
- Friendships and fun. Accomplishments and confidence. Members of the Class of 2018 share how their lives have changed from 2014 to 2018.
- Skidmore senior class president, Rachael Thomeer, and faculty speaker, Chris Mann, sit down to discuss their upcoming Commencement speeches–inspirations, nerves, hopes and all.
- Heather Hurst ’97, Skidmore Scholar in Residence, unveiled illustrations of some of the oldest Maya murals in a life-size installation at the Tang Museum.
- Misty mornings are ushering in longer, sunnier days, blue skies and warmer temperatures. Could it be possible? Has winter finally had its last day? The only sure way to tell is to look for Skidmore's signs of spring.
- A record-breaking Handmade Pop-up shop became a live-action, business skills laboratory for entrepreneurial studio art students.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits. .