Music al fresco
From the Decoda chamber ensemble (July 13) to Alex Torres and his Latin Orchestra (July 20), from the Ramblin’ Jug Stompers (Aug. 17) to Pony in the Pancake (Aug. 24), the Tang Museum’s free Upbeat on the Roof series welcomes all manner of musicians again this summer. The 411:
- no admission fee
- while previous Upbeats were on Fridays, all concerts are now on Thursdays
- all shows begin at 7 p.m.
- the series is always popular; early arrival is advised
Pony in the Pancake
- access to the roof is via the elevator or the exterior stairs
- rain moves the concerts inside
- the museum stays open on Thursdays until 9 p.m.