Dean of Student Affairs
Student Emergency Loans
Through the generosity of a coorporation, Skidmore College has available for students an emergency loan fund, administered through the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs.
To provie full-time Skidmore students with loans from $25 up to $300 for short term emergency purposes. Such purposes include, but are not limited to:
- text books and course supplies
- unexpected medical costs
- emergency transportation needs
- Individuals applying for loans must be full-time, matriculated Skidmore students with currently valid ID's.
- Students may receive only one Student Emergency Loan per semseter.
- Minimum loan amount is $25.
- Loans will not exceed $300 and must be repaid by the agreed upon date, not to exceed the end of the semester in which they were received.
- Students are not granted loans for rent.
- Students are ineligible for Student Emergency Loans if:
- they have failed to repay previous Student Emergency Loans on time, or
- have a current outstanding Student Emergency Loan.
- Students apply for a Student Emergency Loan through the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs, third floor, Case Center. A current Skidmore ID must be presented at the time of application.
- Approved Student Emergency Loan fund applications may be presented for payment to the Cashier's window, Barrett Center during check cashing hours.
- Repayments are made at the Cashier's Window, Barrett Center during regular check cashing times. Students should clearly identify repayments as belonging to the Student Emergency Loan Fund so that their accounts can be properly credited.
Note: The continued availability of this fund depends on students repaying their loans in full by the agreed upon date.