MDOCS Fall Events: States of Incarceration, Student showcases, and more...
In Fall 2017, join MDOCS for important conversations, skill-up workshops and documentary work from Piper Anderson, Ken Burns, Barry Lam, Sylvia Ryerson and more.
Check out our save-the-date information below, and for details on MDOCS fall 2017 events, click here.
|Piper Anderson||Hi Phi Nation||Barry Lam||Sylvia Ryerson||The Vietnam War|
Workshops include "Storytelling for Social Justice" with Mass Story Lab's Piper Anderson (September 29, 10 a.m.) and a master class in video interviewing by Ron Taylor.
Student-led workshops in audio and video production and editing will be held throughout the semester in DocLab in LIB 113. See DOCLab webpage for details.
Get a taste of highlights from the summer Storytellers' Institute with Director Sarah Friedland and student and faculty fellows. Learn about the 2018 theme of Surveil/Surveilled, and how to apply.
Public MDOCS events include:
- September 19, MDOCS/MFS Ethics Bowl
- September 28, a conversation between Sylvia Ryerson (Restorative Radio) and Piper Anderson (Mass Story Lab)
- September 29, workshop, "Interviewing for Social Justice," with Piper Anderson (Mass Story Lab)
- October 24, Philosophy through sound and story: Hi-Phi Nation with Barry Lam
- December 14, Student Showcase: Join documentary studies students for an evening of their new work.
Additional events of interest on campus this fall include:
- States of Incarceration exhibit and programming, September 2–October 11 (Tang Teaching Museum)
- September 18, Françoise Mouly, "Blown Covers" (Fox-Adler Lecture)
- September 25, WAMC preview screening of The Vietnam War
- October 24, Caryl Phillips screens Darker Than Blue (McCormack Residency)
- November 8, Jael Silliman, "Recalling Jewish Calcutta" (Perlow Lecture Series)