Starting today, we are pleased to offer another option in travel agencies: Marathon Travel. Marathon Travel, located in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, was founded in 1946. It and has had extensive experience in business and collegiate travel and is committed to providing superior service to Skidmore College. Please note that we now offer you two travel agencies for your convenience: Marathon Travel and AAA Northway.
Marathon Travel has provided Skidmore College with our own dedicated number; you can reach them by calling 866-725-6905, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A Marathon Travel agent will always answer the phone—you will never get voicemail.
Marathon Travel, like AAA Northway, has a Skidmore P-Card. You can book your reservation by either providing your personal credit card or by providing a valid Skidmore charge account number i.e. A-xxxx-00000-7410-00000. As always, department P-Cards are not to be used for travel arrangements.
Service fees are $25 for tickets booked through their 866 number and $10 with tickets booked online through Travelport (see below). No charge for car rentals or hotels.
We highly recommend using Marathon Travel for any of your travel needs, especially groups and international travel. Note that you can use their services for your personal travel needs if you'd like. Marathon Travel is also versed in our local hotel rates and will be happy to book incoming travelers for you.
About Marathon Travel
Marathon Travel is affiliated with American Express. This means large buying power and low rates on hotels (more than 10,000 hotels at highly reduced rates), rental cars, etc. Marathon Travel also provides a wide range of value-added travel services, including:
- 24-Hour travel assistance services. Their emergency hotline, Livetravel, provides around-the-clock assistance to business
travelers, anywhere, anytime, 365 days a year. Livetravel is owned, operated and staffed
through Marathon Travel's parent company, Noel Group. Livetravel services include:
- Emergency travel services. Corporate travelers will have full access to our 24-hour travel hotline—perfect for emergency and last-minute travel assistance. Travelers can obtain immediate assistance no matter what travel emergency they may face, and they appreciate this service because it means no waiting in lines when flights are cancelled or delayed.
- Medical assistance. From physician referrals to medical evacuations, Livetravel can get your travelers the medical attention and treatment they need, no matter where they are in the world.
- Concierge service. Your travelers can trust Marathon Travel to find them the quality service they need, no matter where they are traveling throughout the world. It's just like having your own personal assistant guiding you to the best places during your travels.
- Roadside assistance service. Emergency access uses a toll-free, 24-hour service line to put your travelers in touch with fast, efficient, qualified and reliable service when they need roadside assistance.
- Online booking engine. Marathon Travel has chosen the Travelport product to provide travelers with a newly blended travel management system, a next-generation set of web-based travel tools designed to allow business travelers to better plan and book travel. Travelport uses the latest technology, providing the ability to plan trips, check fares, track itineraries and book reservations for flight, hotel and car quickly and accurately. Please note that like Orbitz-Travelport does not check Southwest Airlines or Independence Air. To access Travelport, go to the Skidmore travel page and click on the Travelport icon.
- Travel insurance. Marathon Travel offers affordable worldwide coverage. Whether traveling domestic or international, arranging travel insurance coverage will help to avoid complications and make travel easier. Policy highlights include medical protection, trip protection (delay or cancellation or trip), baggage protection (lost, stolen, or delayed bags) and emergency medical transportation.
- Low-fare promise. To ensure you're always getting the lowest possible fare. Marathon Travel has implemented
the following standards:
When you book with Marathon Travel, they promise that if you find a lower fare for the same flights, dates, airline and travelers on another website, they will honor that rate and provide you with a $50 coupon per ticket toward your next Marathon Travel purchase.
After you have purchased an airline ticket through Marathon Travel, the Quality Control
department continuously watches the fare. If the ticket amount decreases, Marathon
Travel will capture the lower fare and reissue the ticket. Marathon Travel will issue
the traveler a credit voucher for the difference to be used toward future travel booked
through Marathon Travel (based on the rules and regulations of each individual airlines).
For more information, contact Marathon Travel at 866-725-6905.
Please contact Carol Schnitzer with any questions related to Marathon Travel at ext. 5849.