Career and Internship Connections 2019
Skidmore College is a member of the Career and Internship Connections (CIC) consortium that sponsors a career fair and interview day in New York City over the January break. This event is an excellent opportunity for networking and interviewing for internships and full-time positions with 85+ employers.
All current Skidmore students of all class years and majors are eligible to participate.
2019 CIC Career Fair Date & Location:
Registration is now officially open. Employers are still signing up, so please be sure to check back often prior to the November 26 deadline.
Registering for the events early means you will get updated information on the events, employers and jobs posted. You can also create search agents to send you postings in particular fields, follow employers and events to get notifications and updates, and a host of other Handshake platform features.
- Go to: https://cic.joinhandshake.com/login
- Click “Sign up for an account”and create a Student account with your college email address by clicking Student/Alumni and then “Register a New Account” at the bottom. Registrations without a college email address will be declined.
- Confirm your email address– Watch for an email from Handshake so you can confirm your address.
- PLEASE NOTE! Using your college email address will auto-approve your account. Any account requests using a non-university email address will be declined. If you had an account last year for CICs you can use the same account, so login with your email and/or click “forgot password” to reset it.
- Complete your profile:
Make sure your Profile includes: Class year, major, GPA, and College.
- Once your account is confirmed, you should update/complete your profile, particularly your graduation date, student class year, and college. The Career and Internship Connection will be listed as your “Primary education”because that’s where your Handshake account is registered through, and the data under that entry is what is used to qualify you for jobs (including major and GPA). Please indicate your home institution under the “College” section. You can choose to also list your college separately on your profile, but it’s not necessary.
- RSVP to the events under the “Fairs” listings.
- Apply for interview consideration by searching the jobs posted to the Handshake system.
- As long as you have the CIC listed as your primary education, you will still be able to add in your other college information into your educational record, it just will not be your primary education.
Be sure to Register for the NYC CIC event, view and apply for internship/job postings, and also put your resume into the various industry resume books.