A survey of liberal studies presentations by Skidmore College faculty for adult learners
september 26 – November 7, 2023
Skidmore Encore returns this fall!
We are excited to announce the return of the perennially popular lecture series Skidmore Encore! Since 1980, the series has featured the remarkable Skidmore College faculty delivering lively presentations on a broad array of topics with themes that change weekly. Registration is open to those age 55 and over from across the local region. Please join us this fall!
The Program: The 2023 series will be held in the stunning Arthur Zankel Music Center on seven consecutive Tuesdays from September 26 through November 7. The daily schedule:
- Coffee, tea, and scones will be available in the lobby between 9:30 and 10:00 AM.
- Lectures begin at 10:15 AM. You will hear two 45-minute lectures each day and engage in a 10-minute interactive question-and-answer period following each lecture. A detailed schedule of presenters and topics is on the Skidmore Encore schedule website.
- An optional post-lecture lunch package is available for you to enjoy our award-winning Murray-Aikins Dining Hall ($88 for 7 lunches), or you can opt to eat lunch pay-as-you-go any day following the lectures in The Spa in Case Center.
Online registration: Online registration for the Skidmore Encore program begins at 9 AM on Tuesday, September 5, 2023. The live registration link will be posted on the Skidmore Encore registration website at that time. If you filled out the contact form on our website, we’ll send you a reminder email that morning. Once you register and pay for the program online, you will receive immediate email confirmation of your enrollment. Waiting lists will be developed when we reach capacity. Please register early, as the program fills quickly.
Cost: Full payment is required to complete your online registration. The cost to participants is $175 per person. Scholarships are available to those whose annual income falls below $25,000. All scholarship requests are subject to verification and you may be asked for a copy of your most recent tax return for that purpose. Email scholarship requests to Coleen at email@example.com prior to registration day to allow for processing time.
Parking: On-campus parking is quite limited. Most participants will park off-campus on North Broadway and in the surrounding neighborhood, approximately a 5-7 minute walk from the venue. Guests with handicap placards may park in designated handicap spots on campus. Parking details are below.
We heartily look to seeing you this fall! Please register early when the portal opens on September 5th. Questions? Contact Coleen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 580-5447.
GETTING TO CAMPUS
Directions to campus: http://www.skidmore.edu/directions/maps.php.
Encore parking map with recommended parking indicated in yellow: PARKING MAP
Please note that no parking is permitted in the Zankel (Arts Quad A) or Palamountain lot. These spaces are reserved for teaching faculty who carry instruments/equipment into the building. Please be respectful and park as directed below.
The closest parking options for Zankel are located near campus and on campus, and involve a 5-7 minute walk:
- North Broadway between East Avenue and Fourth St. – both sides of the street; then walk to Zankel via the short connector footpath at Fourth & Woodlawn
- Fourth Street between North Broadway and Woodlawn – park on the side of Fourth St. without houses; then walk to Zankel via the short connector footpath at Fourth & Woodlawn
- Woodlawn between Third St. and Fourth St. – park on the side of Woodlawn without houses; then walk to Zankel via the short connector footpath at Fourth & Woodlawn
- Arts Quad B lot on campus
- North Hall East Lot on campus
Other parking options include:
- Any neighborhood street in the vicinity
- Any other unrestricted campus lot
- NO parking in Zankel (Arts Quad A) or Palamountain Lot!
Parking Pass (required on campus): If you park on North Broadway or the surrounding streets you will not need a parking pass. If you park on campus, you must park in a legal spot and have a dashboard parking pass to avoid ticketing and fines. Please print this parking pass and place it on the dashboard above the steering wheel of your car before you come to campus for Encore.
Vehicles with a handicap placard may park in any designated handicap space on campus.
We recommend carpooling to reduce the number of vehicles and help the environment. Drivers can drop passengers off right in front of Zankel.
Consider taking the CDTA bus. CDTA has a bus that leaves/arrives Skidmore’s campus every 20 minutes and links directly into other routes around the city. For more information please contact CDTA directly at 518-482-8822 or www.cdta.org.
Please feel free to like our Facebook page for news about Skidmore College events and for program updates.