International Student Admissions
Admission and Aid Information
Skidmore is highly competitive. Last year, Skidmore received 11,000 applications for a first-year class targeted at 700 students (including 35 students spending their first semester in London).
- 25% were offered admission
- 50% enrolled Early Decision
- median SAT and ACT scores of admitted students have been 1300–1320 and 29–30
The application deadline for regular admission candidates is January 15. The Admissions Office stresses the importance of early filing of all materials, especially for international students. International mail is often delayed and slower than domestic mail, so the earlier you complete the application process, the earlier your application can be considered.
- November 15: Application deadline for Early Decision Round I
- November 15: Application for spring Transfer Admission
- January 15: Application deadline for Regular Admission
- January 15: Application deadline for Early Decision Round II
- April 1: Application deadline for fall Transfer Admission
TOEFL: English is the language of instruction at Skidmore, and it is necessary that all students be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English. Generally, a score of 96–97 on the Internet-based TOEFL (243 on Computer and 590 on Paper) is regarded as an indicator of minimal proficiency for study at Skidmore. The suggested IELTS minimum is 7.0–7.5.
2019–20 College Costs and Financial Aid
$8,868for dorm double
$6,132for unlimited meal plan
- Fees: $1,096 for first-year students
Skidmore annually gives more than $43 million in financial aid on the basis of demonstrated financial need. The average 2018–19 first-year financial aid package for international students was more than $60,000. Skidmore is a Davis partner school of the United World Colleges.
International students applying for aid are required to file the College Board’s College Scholarship Service Financial Aid PROFILE.
For questions about applying to Skidmore as an international student, please contact Darren Drabek, Associate Director of Admissions.