Fall 2021 Commitment to Communication
Ongoing and enhanced communication with the entire Skidmore campus community of students, faculty and staff, the Board of Trustees and our students’ parents and families will be crucial during the process of returning to campus.
The College will continue to provide updates in all areas of the spring planning process, including new guidance on health and safety requirements and new information about student residential life.
- With the official start of the fall semester now just a few weeks away, we are looking forward to having our entire student body back on campus and to restoring a fully in-person Skidmore experience, including classes and academic events, athletics practice and competition, co-curricular activities, celebrations, meetings, and social gatherings.
- Details regarding pre-arrival and on-arrival testing, move-in, quarantine, and more
- The College is now requiring a return to indoor masking for everyone, regardless of vaccination status.
- As we monitor the increasingly concerning transmission of the COVID-19 Delta Variant across the United States and in Saratoga and other local counties, the College is strongly encouraging a return to indoor masking in shared campus spaces for all employees and students, regardless of vaccination status.
- As the College announced last week, faculty and staff must be vaccinated against COVID-19 by Sept. 3, 2021, unless granted a medical or religious exemption. Any vaccine that is approved by either the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO) meets this requirement.
- The College has decided to require that faculty and staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- All returning students who will be on campus must submit proof of vaccination via online form or apply for a medical or religious exemption or an extension by Aug. 1, 2021.
- Skidmore is planning a phased and gradual approach to expanding in-person activities on campus this summer, with a full return to in-person classes and campus operations this fall. As a part of this plan, the College will begin a phased return to campus of employees who have been working remotely.
- Skidmore College will be requiring that all students be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before arriving on campus for the fall.