- Returning for a consecutive fourth year, top professional services employer Ernst & Young (EY) is recruiting Skidmore talent once more. Students from the Class of 2022, Novilhelha Moleni and Toyin Koleoso, were the first Skidmore students to have interned as sophomores and share their experiences with other students.
- As you navigate your individual career journeys you may come across a dilemma: How do I know if this workplace will be a good fit for me? Since you will presumably spend a significant amount of time in this space, it is natural to be curious about whether your identities – individually and collectively – are valued, supported, and embraced by your employer. Although there is never a way to be 100% certain a position will be a perfect fit, the CDC's Soha Jafarzade offers four tips to b help avoid some potential negative experiences.
- In addition to applying to paid opportunities, students might consider supplementing their summer experiences with community service. Volunteering can be a great way for you to learn about yourself, boost your resume, expand your network, and stand out in future application processes. Students can also hone communication and problem solving skills, gain cultural competence, and create positive change in the world. Sounds pretty good, right? Future employers and graduate schools will think so too. Knowing where to find community service projects, particularly in the COVID-19 era, can be a challenge. However, many organizations are sharing ways for volunteers to help on a remote basis.
- Due to COVID-19, the world of internships and jobs has changed dramatically. Coupled with advances in technology, employers are offering more remote internship and job opportunities than ever before. This article features tips on ways to make your remote experience a success.
- Celtics Career Center (Tuesday, October 13th 2020, 9:00 am EDT - Monday, November 30th 2020, 5:00 pm EST)When: Tuesday, October 13th 2020, 9:00 am EDT - Monday, November 30th 2020, 5:00 pm EST Location: Unknown Have you ever wondered how the front office staff at the winningest franchise in the NBA got their foot in the door and advanced their career paths? The Celtics Career Center program is a new opportunity to learn first-hand how Celtics staff navigate their careers in the competitive sports industry. Whether you’re a college student, recent grad, or seasoned professional, this...
- Bank of America/Merrill Lynch Summer Analyst Program 2021 Internship Application Guidance with Mohit Manaktala, Skidmore Parent and Managing Director - Corporate & Investment Banking (Tuesday, October 20th 2020, 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT)When: Tuesday, October 20th 2020, 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT Location: Unknown Join Skidmore parent and career advisor, Mohit Manaktala. As Managing Director - Corporate & Investment Banking at Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Mohit is volunteering his time to help members of the Class of 2022 to prepare their internship applications for the firm's Summer Analyst Program 2021. Applications for this opportunity are due Friday, October 23. Internship Overview: The summer internship provides...
- When: Wednesday, October 21st 2020, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT Location: Unknown https://skidmore.zoom.us/j/96009368962 Meeting ID: 960 0936 8962 M&T Bank will be conducting a virtual information session that will take place via Zoom. It will include a presentation regarding current job opportunities, specifically the 2021 Management Development Program and NEW Community Branch Management Program. All opportunities are available to prospective graduates. Trainees in the program have come...
- When: Wednesday, October 21st 2020, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm MDT Get an inside look into the world of sales at a SaaS company. Hear from current Qualtrics employees who've built their careers in sales discuss the pros, cons, and tips for success.
- What I Wish I Knew: Lessons from an Engineering Manager and Developer (Wednesday, October 21st 2020, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm MDT)When: Wednesday, October 21st 2020, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm MDT Hear from engineering team members and leaders about what they wish they knew when they were in your shoes! Register for this event through our external link, and you will receive an attendance link prior to the webinar!