Skidmore in New Zealand
Skidmore in New Zealand is a semester long program that allows students to direct enroll at the University of Auckland (spring only) or the University of Canterbury (fall or spring). In addition to taking classes at the university, students can choose to focus their semester with one of two field & research tracks. All field & research tracks will begin with a 5-week field camp experience leading up to the university semester. These students will also take a research methods course based upon data collected in field camp.
- University of Auckland (3.0 GPA)
- Direct enroll (spring only)
- University of Canterbury (2.75 GPA)
- New Zealand Earth Systems track
- Geology of New Zealand
- Direct enroll only
Skidmore in New Zealand is run in partnership with Frontiers Abroad, is a mission-driven educational organization that provides distinct science-focused academic opportunities through field curricula and study abroad opportunities for US students in New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
Unique Characteristics of Skidmore in New Zealand:
- Direct enrollment in New Zealand university classes
- Broad range of curricular choices
- STEM focused curriculum
- Research & Internship opportunities
- Field camp experience