Unique Characteristics of Skidmore in Spain
- Program center courses highlighting contemporary sociopolitical issues in Spain
- Direct enrollment options in Spanish university classes
- Broad range of curricular choices
- Customized internship opportunities
- Housing with Spanish families
- Exposure to Spain's capital city and cultural immersion
- Superior onsite support at our program center
The Skidmore in Spain program, founded in 1985, is run in conjunction with Tufts University. This program is designed for students with an advanced knowledge of Spanish and strives to integrate students into Spanish life through coursework, living with a Spanish family, internship options, and an emphasis on involvement in the cultural and social life of Spain.
There is a wide range of coursework available in Madrid. Students can choose from courses offered at the Tufts-Skidmore in Spain program center, from Skidmore's university partner, and local studios and academies. Courses at the program center are taught just for students on the program, but students can study along side Spanish students if they take university courses.
Customized internships are available for semester or yearlong students. Both for-credit and non-credit internships are available. Skidmore interns have been placed in private businesses, museums, theaters, media organizations, government agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
For more detail, please see http://www.tufts-skidmore.es/
THE PROGRAM CENTER
Students will utilize our program center located in central Madrid. The newly renovated program center offers program classes taught just for participants of the Tufts-Skidmore in Spain program. The center also has computers and printers for student use.
The program center has full-time staff, all of whom are there to offer our students academic and personal support.
Skidmore in Spain has fall semester, spring semester and full-year options. The following dates should be considered when making your plans.
- Academic Year: early September through late May
- Spring Semester: late January through late May
- Fall Semester: early September through mid December