Skidmore College, MDOCS, and the documentary community as a whole have numerous resources available to its community of creators and scholars, read below to see some of what's available!
- DOCLab - Course support, training, editing lab, recording booth
- MDOCS Storytellers' Institute - 5-week residency in June (for faculty, staff, students, practitioners)
- Skidmore-Saratoga Memory Project - Regional community projects
- Media Services - Computer lab and equipment check-out
- LEDS - Course support, training, faculty resources
- Release Forms - Skidmore-approved for course-related and independent projects
- Summer Experience Grants (students only) - For summer internships, research, workshops, residencies, etc.
- Student opportunity funds (Academic Advising, students only)
- Student opportunity funds (Student Affairs, students only)
- See-Beyond summer grants (students only)
- Student-faculty summer collaborative research (faculty-student partnerships)
- Center for Leadership in Teaching and Learning (faculty only)
- VPAA-DOF faculty development resources (faculty only)
Regional Documentary Programs
- The Sanctuary for Independent Media
- Sound and Story Project of the Hudson Valley
- Next Doc
- The Linda (WAMC)
General Documentary Resources
- International Documentary [film] Association
- Upstate Independents (New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut) resources for media artists
- Society for Cinema and Media Studies, Documentary studies interest group; leading professional organization in U.S.
- Media Burn independent video archive, an archive and streaming video website of three decades of progressive documentary video.
- Documentary educational resources, list of documentary organizations
- Library of Congress Public Moving Image Archives (global list)
- Oral history in the digital age
- Oral History Association: Principles and Best Practices
- LOC webpage: Copyright issues and film
- LOC: Folklife online collections (including Lomax, Civil Rights, spoken word, war)
- LOC: Historic sound recordings
- Ken Rabin and Sheila Curran Bernard, archival storytelling tools, links to important film/photography archives and clearinghouses (compiled in 2008–09)
- Ethics and storytelling: