Faculty Student Summer Research
The Faculty Student Summer Research Program is part of the Zankel Experience Network (ZEN). ZEN was established in 2020 by Jimmy Zankel ’92 and Pia Scala-Zankel ’92 to encourage the support of like-minded donors who hope to expand Skidmore’s commitment to experiential learning, including the Faculty Student Summer Research Program, Summer Experience Fund and a new Mentoring Program.
Alumni, Family, and Friends
- Marlene Oberkotter Fowler ’61
- Ralph Garboushian '92
- Jim Lippman and Linda Friedman Lippman ’82
- Richard A. Mellon ’87
- Margaret Williams Page ’43
- Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Woodcock, Parents ’96
- Axelrod-Porges Scholars
Established in 2006 by Felicia Axelrod ’62 and Robert Porges to support faculty-student teams in the area of the sciences.
- Schupf Scholars
Established in 2008 by Sara Lubin Schupf ’62 to support summer faculty-student research with a preference given to students pursuing projects in the STEM disciplines. Schupf Scholars are selected beginning the summer after their freshman or sophomore year. Schupf Scholars may access additional funding for travel to meetings and conferences as well as for research supplies and expenses during their continuing research with faculty during their academic career at Skidmore.
- Weg Scholars
Established in 2010 by Carol Little Weg ’64 and Ken Weg and awarded with a preference for students pursuing projects in the sciences and social sciences.
- Caney Fork Farms
- W.M. Keck Foundation
- Rathmann Family Foundation
- The Charles Slaughter Foundation
- The GKV Foundation
- The GRAMMY Foundation
- The National Institutes of Health
- The National Science Foundation
- The Senft Family Fund
- The Skidmore Scholars in Science and Mathematics (S3M) Program
- University of Massachusetts Boston
Applications, Forms and Reports
- Summer Program: Faculty Student Summer Research Program Application (Word)
- Schupf Scholar Program Application (Word)
- Summer Program: Faculty Student Summer Research Program Final Report—Faculty
- Summer Program: Faculty Student Summer Research Program Final Report—Student
- Schupf Scholar Program Final Report—Faculty
- Schupf Scholar Program Final Report—Student