Multimedia Production Lab
Location and Hours
The lab is the ground level of the Lucy Scribner Library and is open for use whenever the library is open. Our Media Services staff is available to assist you:
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–10:30 p.m., Sunday noon–10:30 p.m.
The Multimedia Production Lab contains Macintosh computers with various equipment including scanners, printers, CD-R/DVD-R burners and graphics software for your use in the production of multimedia materials. The computers are available on a walk-in basis. While this equipment is primarily self-service, staff is available to assist you with your questions.
All computers are networked and equipped with software allowing the cross-platform (Macintosh and Windows Computers) sharing of files over the network.
- Flatbed scanners
- Slide/negative scanners (35mm size)
- CD-RW burners (to create custom CD-ROMs)
- DVD-R burners (to create custom DVDs on Macintosh)
- Digital still cameras
- Digital video cameras (SD card)
- SmartCard and CompactFlash memory card readers
- Digitize audio into computer files
- Digitize video into computer files
- Print color images (laser prints to 11"x17" and large-format inkjet posters up to 52" wide)
- Macintosh computers (running latest operating system)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat)
- Final Cut Studio (digital video editing)
- DVD Studio Pro HD
- Soundtrack (audio composition)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Roxio Toast Titanium (CD-R/DVD-R burning)
- Sound Studio