The mission of UJIMA is to bring awareness of African, African-American and Caribbean cultures to the Skidmore campus and its neighboring community. Our main priority is to foster a better relationship with other clubs on campus through collective work and responsibility and become a safe place and resource to students.
Ujima meets every other Thursday at 7 p.m. in the Intercultural Center.
2017–18 Executive Board
- Etije Mehdori Walker '19, President
- Kadijatou Diallo '20, Secretary
- Dejon Bunn-Constant '19, Treasurer
- Joseph Richardson '19, Public Relations
- Maryam Dewitt '18, Creative Director
- Carribbean Week (fall)
- Kwanzaa Dinner (fall)
- Black History Month (spring)
- Fashion Show (spring)
- Ride on Pride (spring)
- Speaker Series