A.B., Princeton University
M.F.A., Yale University
Ph.D., Columbia University
Office: Palamountain 334
Phone: (518) 580-5163
Teaching and Research Interests:
- Modern and Contemporary Drama
- Shaksepeare and Early Modern Drama
- Philosophy, Aesthetics, and Critical Theory
- Opera and Music-Theatre
- Media and Performance Studies
- EN 105: Writing Seminar
- EN 110: Introduction to Literary Studies
- EN 215: Drama
- EN 229: Queer Theatre
- EN 359: Modern Drama
- EN 371: Introduction to Performance Studies
- “Unsettling Gertrude Stein: On the Citability of Baroque Gesture in Four Saints in Three Acts,” Modern Drama 58.3 (Fall 2015), 347–69.
- “How to Make Sense of Music in the Theatre: A Primer For Beginners” Theatre Topics 25.1 (March 2015), 67–76.
- Review of Riotous Baroque: From Cattelan to Zurbarán –Tributes to Precarious Vitality, eds. Catherine Crowston, Josée Drouin-Brisebois, and Jonathan Shaughnessy (National Gallery of Canada: Ottawa, 2012) and Misled by Nature: Contemporary Art and the Baroque, eds. Bice Curiger, Carlotta Graedel Matthäi, Franziska Lentzsch (Kunsthaus Zürich: Cologne, 2012), PAJ: A Journal of Performance and Art 37.3 (September 2015), 134–35.
- Faculty Development Grant (2017)
- Honorable Mention, Outstanding Article Award, Association for Theatre in Higher Education (2016)
- Marion E. Ponsford Fellowship, Columbia University (2015–16)
- Jacob K. Javits Foundation Fellowship, U.S. Department of Education (2010–14)