Margaret Ann Greaves
B.A., Agnes Scott College
Ph.D., Emory University
Office: Palamountain 332
Phone: (518) 580-5191
- Poetry and Poetics
- Theories of the lyric
- Science and literature
- Modern and contemporary global Anglophone literature
- Irish Studies
- EN 105: The Space Age
- EN 110: Introduction to Literary Studies
- EN 213: Poetry
- EN 229: Literature and the Cosmos
- EN 313: Modern Poetry
- EN 314: Contemporary Poetry
- EN 363: Conflict and Creativity in Irish Literature
- “Punishing the Lyric: Seamus Heaney and the Poetics of a Communal Europe.” Eire/Ireland 51.3-4 (Fall/Winter 2016): 217-43.
- “Vistas of Simultaneity’: Northern Irish Elegy and the Yugoslav Wars.” New Hibernia Review 18.3 (Autumn 2014): 31-50.
- “The Spanish Copla in T.S. Eliot’s ‘Landscapes’.” Journal of Modern Literature 37.4 (Summer 2014): 130-142.
- “Slave Ships and Coffin Ships: Transatlantic Exchanges in Irish-American Blackface
Minstrelsy.” Comparative American Studies 10.1 (Spring 2012): 78-94.
- “Seamus Heaney and Eastern European Poetry.” In Seamus Heaney in Context. Ed. Geraldine Higgins. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, forthcoming.
- Poems published in Connotation Press, the Dunes Review, Penn Review, Off the Coast, and elsewhere