Skip to Main Content
Skidmore College

Inclement Weather Update

Due to current weather conditions, Skidmore College will suspend operations Sunday, January 20, 2019.

Residence halls and the dining hall will remain open for students on campus and those who are able to return to campus on Sunday. However, all other scheduled activities have been cancelled.

Essential staff should report as scheduled. Facilities Services will continue to work throughout the storm. Read more at

English Department

Tower of LondonStudy Abroad and Transfer Credit

Study Abroad

The Office of Off-Campus Study & Exchanges (OCSE) is available to assist students in the research and application process and to provide support during their time overseas and upon their return to campus. Choosing a study-abroad program that meets your academic and personal needs takes careful planning, especially considering the wide variety of options available. If you are just beginning your search for the perfect program, the Office of Off-Campus Study & Exchanges is where to start.

Transfer Credit

Courses completed at another college or university that students wish to apply toward the English major must be approved by the associate chair. Well in advance of going abroad or registering at another college or university, make an appointment with the associate chair and bring along the Catalog description of the courses to be taken elsewhere. Department policy on the number of transfer credits allowable is as follows: no more than 12 semester hours and no more than two 300-level courses.