Skidmore College Compensation and Position Description Information
- Staff Compensation Study Presentation 2021: This is an update on the current non-union staff compensation study being conducted. The study will include an analysis of our current non-union staff wage and salary structures relative to the market and best practices to remain competitive in the total compensation package offered to employees. Also discussed is our compensation framework, current practice and processes, and timeframes of the project. During the community meeting we gathered valuable feedback from the staff.
- HR101 Compensation at Skidmore 2020: This is an overview of the non-faculty compensation process at Skidmore along with info regarding the position description process and how salary ranges are created.
- Non-Faculty Compensation 2018: This is the annual overview and update to keep employees informed about Skidmore's
- Total Compensation Framework: This is the master document that outlines Skidmore's philosophy regarding total compensation, which includes wages, benefits, professional development and all other aspects of a total compensation package.
POSITION DESCRIPTION PROCESS AND TOOLS
- Position Description Process
- Position Description Development Guide
- Position Description Template
- Sample Position Description
Other Compensation-related Resources
Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt vs. nonexempt information)
- Link to IRS Withholding Calculator
Use this calculator to avoid having too much or too little federal income tax withheld from your pay.