About the Program:
Wellness at Skidmore College
Wellness Interest Survey Results: In 2016, Skidmore employees were asked to fill out a survey to guage interest in various wellness programs and events.
Skidmore College is committed to establishing a work environment that promotes healthy lifestyles, decreases the risk of disease and enhances the quality of our employees' lives.
Wellness is the process of being aware of and actively working toward better physical, financial, emotional, spiritual, social and intellectual health and well-being. Skidmore values healthy community members!
Through increased communications, encouragement, health promotion, educational programming and various fitness offerings, we hope to create a community that supports the overall health and well-being of faculty and staff.
Please stay tuned as this initiative unfolds on campus!
In the meantime, if you have questions or suggestions regarding wellness, please feel free to contact Assistant Director for Benefits Administration, Compliance, and Wellness Laura Goodwin at ext. 5808 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or any member of the Wellness Planning Group.
Members of the Skidmore Wellness Planning Group
Tickets at Work
Having fun, getting away from it all, and saving money are important for your well-being.
This cost-free benefit provides access to thousands of exclusive travel and entertainment discounts, so you can make the most of your time away from work.
Take advantage of an exclusive opportunity to meet one-on-one with your nurse wellness coach for an in-depth, confidential conversation about your life and how it may affect your health and well-being.
- Blood pressure concerns
- Anxiety/depression concerns
- Sleep, exercise and nutrition coaching
- Caring for your family
- Medication management
Wellness Coaching helps you find opportunities to improve your well-being every day. Through convenient sessions with an experienced, registered nurse (RN) right at your worksite, Wellness Coaching guides you through healthy behavior changes by building on your strengths.
How to Participate:
Sign up online to join the program. Sessions are held in Library Room 403.
What you get:
- Personalized counseling based on your unique needs
- Educational materials to help you better understand and reduce health risks
- Support and encouragement to track progress and help achieve goals
- Screenings to help monitor your progress (blood pressure, body fat analysis, etc.)
- Free, at no cost to you
- Available to all Skidmore faculty and staff
- Confidential, all information is held private in accordance with HIPPA
Coaching will help you:
- Get answers to your health questions
- Find support to gain more control over your health
- Take small steps to improve your health
- Set goals to reach your healthy best