Wellness at Skidmore College
Skidmore College is committed to establishing a work environment that promotes healthy lifestyles, decreases the risk of disease, and enhances the quality of our employees' lives.
Wellness is the process of being aware of and actively working toward better physical, financial, emotional, spiritual, social, and intellectual health and well-being. Skidmore values healthy community members!
Through communication, encouragement, health promotion, educational programming, and various fitness offerings, we hope to create a community that supports the overall health and well-being of faculty and staff.
Examples of past programs and initiatives offered through Live More Skidmore, in partnership with MVP, include Drink 8 to Hydrate; No Gain, Maintain; the Penny Counter Challenge; Minutes in Motion; and the Gratitude Challenge.
Upcoming in fall 2022 are:
- Step It Up! Walking Challenge, a four-week challenge from Sept. 26 through Oct. 23, with team and individual registration options. Register here.
- WPV Nurse Coaching, an opportunity to meet one-on-one with a nurse wellness coach for an in-depth, confidential conversation about your life and any factors that may be affecting your health and well-being. Nurse coaches from WPV will be on campus twice per month this fall. Register for an appointment here. Read more below.
- Fall Fitness Classes. Registration is now open for fall 2022 employee fitness classes, which run from Sept. 19 through the week following Thanksgiving. Register here. Contact Lacey Largeteau for more information.
- Biometric Screenings and Flu Shots, coming in early November. You will be invited to register for an appointment slot right here on campus.
- No Gain, Maintain Challenge, a six-week program set to kick off in November.
We welcome your feedback!
Since the launch of Live More Skidmore, we’ve been asking for your help in evaluating the Skidmore employee well-being program and gauging your needs and interests for future program improvements. Your feedback is important to us!
The results from these assessments have been used, and continue to be used, to support the planning, implementation, and evaluation of our well-being program. We are listening and invite you to continue to share feedback.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding wellness, please feel free to contact Assistant Director for Benefits, Compliance, and Wellness Laura Goodwin at ext. 5808 or email@example.com, or any member of the Wellness Planning Group.
Members of the Skidmore Wellness Planning Group:
- Lacey Largeteau
- Adam Wald
- Colleen Shamberger
- Angela Valden
- Paul Arciero
Onsite Nurse Wellness Coaching
Nurse coaches from WPV will be on campus twice per month beginning in fall 2022.
Nurse coaching is completely confidential, voluntary, and offered at no cost to you.
How to participate
Visit www.ehealthscheduling.com/wpv/skidmorecoaching to make your appointment today!
What you get
- Personalized counseling based on your unique needs
- Educational materials to help you better understand and reduce health risks
- Support and encouragement to track progress and help achieve goals
- Screenings to help monitor your progress (blood pressure, body fat analysis, etc.)
- Free, at no cost to you
- Available to all Skidmore faculty and staff
- Confidential, all information is held private in accordance with HIPPA
Coaching will help you:
- Get answers to your health questions
- Find support to gain more control over your health
- Take small steps to improve your health
- Set goals to reach your healthy best
Tickets at Work
Having fun, getting away from it all, and saving money are important for your well-being.
This cost-free benefit provides access to thousands of exclusive travel and entertainment discounts, so you can make the most of your time away from work.