Contact Information & Background:
- Ph.D. & M.A.: University of Delaware
- M.A.: Western Illinois University
- B.A.: New England College
African Politics, Regional and International Organizations, Global Health Governance, Peace and Security Governance, Civil Society in Africa.
- Introduction to Comparative and International Politics
- Contemporary African Politics
- Convergence and Agency in West Africa: Region-Building in ECOWAS. London: Routledge (forthcoming).
- Aarie Glas, Emmanuel Balogun, Norms in practice: people-centric governance in ASEAN and ECOWAS, International Affairs, Volume 96, Issue 4, July 2020, Pages 1015-1032.
- US Department of Education/Fulbright-Hays Group Project Abroad “Pan-African Expressions of Knowledge Creation and Politics in 21st century Ghana” ($146,000).
Editor Reviewed Articles, Book Chapters, and Book Reviews
- “Comparative Regionalism” in Oxford Research Encyclopedia of International Studies (Forthcoming).
- “Africa and Global Health Governance: Domestic Politics and International Structures by Amy S. Patterson.” Journal of Modern African Studies 52(1): 162-164.
- “An Obama Effect? African American Voting Behavior and the Political Symbolism of a Black President” David C. Wilson, Samantha S. Kelley, Emmanuel A. Balogun, Christian Soler, and Sahar Salehi in Race still Matters: African American Lived Experiences in the Twenty-First Century. SUNY Press Edited by Yuya Kiuchi.
Media and Policy Publications
- “Epidemics reveal underlying societal tensions. That was the case in Zimbabwe’s cholera outbreak, too.” The Monkey Cage at the Washington Post. June 12, 2020.
- Amy Patterson and Emmanuel A. Balogun; Policy Memo: “Defunding WHO will hurt African Health Programs” O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, June 2, 2020.
- Amy S. Patterson and Emmanuel A. Balogun “Trump wants to defund the Worth Health Organization. That could hurt health partnerships in Africa” The Monkey Cage at the Washington Post. May 5, 2020.
- Emmanuel A. Balogun “West African regional bloc faces harmonisation tests” Oxford Analytica Daily Brief. June 7, 2019.
- Emmanuel A. Balogun and Anna Mwaba. “How will the African Union respond to the military overthrow in Sudan?” The Monkey Cage at the Washington Post. April 24, 2019.
- Emmanuel A. Balogun and Amy S. Patterson. “Ebola is back and a threat to people in Congo. Are African Public Health Systems Ready?” The Monkey Cage at the Washington Post. September 27, 2018.