department of religious Studies
Office: Ladd 210
Phone: (518) 580-8404
- PhD and MA, Yale University, Religious Studies (2020)
- MDiv, Harvard Divinity School (2014)
- BA, Agnes Scott College, Religious Studies and Sociology/Anthropology (2011)
RESEARCH AND TEACHING AREAS
Religions of the Americas; Critical Race and Ethnic Studies; Women’s, Gender, and
Sexuality Studies; History and Anthropology of Labor and Capitalism; Method and Theory
in the Study of Religion
- “Introduction: Classifying Capital” (with Rebecca Bartel, San Diego State University), Journal of the American Academy of Religion co-edited roundtable “Classifying Capitalism” (September 2019).
- “Parliament of Empire: Charles Bonney’s American Vision,” Religion in American Culture 29, no. 1 (March 2019): 102-133.
- “The Grammar of Racism: Religious Pluralism and the Birth of the Interdisciplines,” Journal of the American Academy of Religion 86, no. 1 (March 2018): 1-41.
- “Buying into the Dream: The Religion of Racial Capitalism in Coca-Cola’s World,” Public Culture 30, no. 3 (September 2018): 483-508.