Enrichment and Travel
Now that you are retired, you may have time to take/audit a course on campus as a non-matriculated student or participate in the Special Program's highly rated and ever popular Seminar for Mature Adults. How about a trip with other members of the community? Maybe you just want to find out what new things the Scribner Library has to offer. The links below provide informational details on how to make any of those things happen.
- Skidmore courses for audit or credit
- Encore: Liberal studies for mature adults
- Alumni Travel
- Scribner Library
Throughout the year Skidmore offers a rich array of events that are open to the public and especially inviting to retirees. Any event that is free to current employees is also free to retirees, and retirees are eligible for staff ticket prices. Curious to see what's happening this week? Check out the campus calendar. The following links should help you decide and plan.
- Calendar of Events
- Skidmore Performance Tickets
- Summer Programs
- Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery
Retirees in Saratoga area can also benefit from and contribute to many community programs, listed here.
- Academy for Lifelong Learning
- Local volunteer opportunities
- Saratoga Hospital Education Programs
- Saratoga Library
- Saratoga Film Forum
- Caffè Lena
- Umbrella of Capital District - Services for Seniors
- Saratoga Senior Move Managers
- Sustainable Saratoga
- Saratoga Plan: Preserving Land and Nature
- Pitney Meadows Community Farm