Black Mental Health and Support
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective (BEAM)
Group aimed at removing the barriers that Black people experience getting access to or staying connected with emotional health care and healing. They do this through education, training, advocacy and the creative arts.
- Black Men Heal
Limited and selective free mental health service opportunities for Black men.
- Black Mental Health Alliance -
(410) 338-2642 Provides information and resources and a “Find a Therapist” locator to connect with a culturally competent mental health professional.
- Black Mental Wellness
Provides access to evidence-based information and resources about mental health and behavioral health topics from a Black perspective, as well as training opportunities for students and professionals.
- Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation
BLHF has launched the COVID-19 Free Virtual Therapy Support Campaign to raise money for mental health services provided by licensed clinicians in our network. Individuals with life-changing stressors and anxiety related to the coronavirus will have the cost for up to five (5) individual sessions defrayed on a first come, first serve basis until all funds are committed or exhausted.
- Brother You’re on My Mind
An initiative launched by Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. and NIMHD to raise awareness of the mental health challenges associated with depression and stress that affect African American men and families. Website offers an online toolkit that provides Omega Psi Phi Fraternity chapters with the materials needed to educate fellow fraternity brothers and community members on depression and stress in African American men.
- Ebony's Mental Health Resources by State
List of Black-owned and focused mental health resources by state as compiled by Ebony magazine.
- Unapologetically Us
Online community for African American women to seek support.
- Ourselves Black
Provides information on promoting mental health and developing positive coping mechanisms through a podcast, online magazine and online discussion groups.
- POC Online Classroom
Contains readings on the importance of self care, mental health care, and healing for people of color and within activist movements.
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Page on Achieving Health Equity Information about why health equity matters and what you can do to help give everyone a fair shot at being as healthy as they can be.
- Henry Health
Provides culturally sensitive self-care support and teletherapy for African American men and their families. Currently in pilot program available only to residents of MD, VA and DC. Residents of other states can join their waiting list and will be notified when Henry Health is available in their state.
- Melanin and Mental Health
Connects individuals with culturally competent clinicians committed to serving the mental health needs of Black & Latinx/Hispanic communities. Promotes the growth and healing of diverse communities through its website, online directory and events.
- Sista Afya
Organization that provides mental wellness education, resource connection and community support for Black women.
- Therapy for Black Girls
Online space dedicated to encouraging the mental wellness of Black women and girls. Offers listing of mental health professionals across the country who provide high quality, culturally competent services to Black women and girls, an informational podcast and an online support community.
- Black Lives Matter Meditations – Dr. Candice Nicole Similar to the Black Lives Matter Meditation for Healing Racial Trauma, the Ally +
Accomplice Meditation for Cultivating an Anti-Racist Mindset will be available for
free to listen on this website.
- Self-Care Tips for Black People Struggling With This Very Painful Week If images of Black suffering have left you feeling sad and angry and overwhelmed,
here are some things you might do to get a tiny bit of relief.
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color Mental HealthResource Guide
Some guidance from the Institute for the Study and Promotion of Race and Culture (ISPRC) A brief summary and practical suggestions for using a “racism recovery plan” for coping with racial trauma, offered by the Alumni Advisory Group of the ISPRC at Boston College.
National Directory of BIPOC Providers by State
- Liberate Meditation on the App Store Liberate is the #1 meditation app for the Black, Indigenous, and People of Color community. Listen to dozens of guided meditations to ease anxiety, find gratitude, heal internalized racism and micro-aggressions and celebrate Blackness. For us, by us.
- Lizzo on Instagram: “A practice in connectivity during this social distance. Please enjoy. "A practice in connectivity during this social distance. Please enjoy.”
- Lizzo on Instagram: “A meditation and mantra to promote healing during this global crisis. Use at your own pace. Love you!” "A meditation and mantra to promote healing during this global crisis. Use at your own pace. Love you!"