Dean of Students and Vice President for Student Affairs
The Dean of Students and Vice President for Student Affairs oversees a broad range of programs and services designed to promote academic success, cocurricular life, and personal development.
If you are uncertain whom you should contact about a specific question or a problem, the Dean's office can help you get in touch with the right office staff.
Spring 2021 reopening student forums
Here is a link to the pledge students have been asked to sign:
Here is the text of the Pandemic Expectations: https://www.skidmore.edu/reslife/student-conduct/pandemic-expectations.php. This link appears under the “Social Policies” heading in the Student Handbook, as well as on the Student Conduct website.
Here is a grid of possible sanctions for failure to comply with the expectations: https://www.skidmore.edu/reslife/docs/covid-policy-grid.pdf.
Here is a link to a form that any community member may use to report alleged violations of these policies: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?SkidmoreCollege&layout_id=9.
TITLE IX CHANGES:
There have been changes to the Title IX Policy as it relates to sexual and gender -based misconduct (SGBM) based on the federal regulations released this summer. Thank you to those who participated in the Title IX forum. The link to the recording of the forum which outlines the significant changes to the policy is here: https://www.skidmore.edu/dean-students/ Here also is the link to Skidmore’s updated SGBM website https://www.skidmore.edu/sgbm.
Taxi and CDTA Bus schedules for Skidmore College
Student Opportunity Funds
Students may request financial support of worthwhile student co-curricular and leadership initiatives.
Submit your application to the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs, Case 313.
Please note the following submission deadlines:
- Fall Deadline: Nov. 6, 2020
- Spring Deadline: March 5, 2021
Student Affairs Division Mission Statement
In support of Skidmore College’s mission, “to educate a diverse population of talented students,” the Division of Student Affairs works with all College departments to create an integrated living and learning liberal arts experience.
At Skidmore, everyone deserves access to the highest levels of excellence in education:
- Learning is a communal endeavor where we all learn from and teach each other.
- Learning happens in all dimensions: intellectual, emotional, physical, social, professional, and spiritual.
- Learning is a dynamic and integrative process of exploration across barriers and divisions.
- Learning happens everywhere and requires opportunities, challenges, disappointments, and defeats.
- Learning promotes growth, transformation, and the continuous interaction and meaning making of self, other, and communities.