Contact Information and Background
Assistant Professor of Marketing
Management and Business
Office: PAL 261A
- PhD: University of North Carolina Greensboro
- Graduate Certificate in Feminist Studies: Duke University
- M.S. in retailing and consumer sciences: University of Arizona
- MMS: Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
- B.Com: Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, India
- MB 107 Business and Organization Management
- MB 214 Foundations of Marketing
- MB 351C Political Marketing
- MB 351C Insight Driven Marketing: Theory & Practice
- SSP 100 Sexing Politics
- Political Marketing
- Transformative Consumer Research
- Gender and Race Discrimination in Consumptionscapes and Marketing
Marketing the female politician: An exploration of gender, appearance and power.
- Sanghvi, M., & Hodges, N. (2015). Marketing the female politician: an exploration of gender and appearance. Journal of Marketing Management,31(15-16), 1676-1694.
- Sanghvi, M. (2015). Technologies of sexiness: sex, identity, and consumer culture. Consumption Markets & Culture, 1-4. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10253866.2015.1066543.
- Sanghvi, M. Gender and Political Marketing in the United States. Book Proposal accepted for the Political Marketing and Management Series: Palgrave Pivot.
- Sanghvi, M. (2014). Author/ Authority. In A. Takhar-Lail & A. Ghorbani (Eds.), Market Research Methodologies: Multi-Method and Qualitative Approaches (pp. 1-13). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Sanghvi, Minita, & Hodges, Nancy. (2012). Understanding sub-cultural identity and consumption among Indians in the united states: From Desis to Coconuts. In Z. Gürhan-Canli, C. Otnes & R. Zhu (Eds.), Advances in Consumer Research (Vol. 40, pp. 462-468). Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research.
Conferences, Workshops and Presentations
- Sanghvi, M. (2015). Appearance Matters: Analyzing the role of appearance in Political Marketing. Academy of Marketing Conference, Limerick, Ireland.
- Sanghvi, M., Dobscha S. Barnhart, M., Podoshen, J. McAlexander, B., McAlexander, J. Huff, A., Scheinbaum, A. (2015) Teaching to TransformTransformative Consumer Research Conference, Villanova, PA.