2018 Pre-Orientation dates
Thursday, August 30 through Sunday, September 2
One of the best ways of making the transition to college life is through participation in one of the many Pre-Orientation programs at Skidmore. Whether it's hiking in the Adirondacks, creating sculpture or doing community service, there are many ways to meet students with similar interests and goals. Pre-Orientation takes place just before Orientation for all first-year students. If you are a transfer student, you are welcome to participate, but we also have transfer-specific programs. Participation is optional but highly recommended.
There are a limited amount of need-based scholarships available. To apply, please fill out this application. If you are awarded a scholarship, this will automatically be taken off your bill for the next billing cycle.
You will be billed through your student account automatically upon registering.
For any other questions or concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-580-8338.
How to Register
Registration opens on June 1, 2018, at noon EST and closes on July 13, 2018.
Please read the following information before you attempt to register for Pre-Orientation
- Preferred browsers: Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Student system quick reference: This general guide should help you navigate the registration process more easily (It is not specifically a guide to Pre-Orientation registration)
You will register for Pre-Orientation as a summer class, and your Skidmore account will be billed directly (If you received a scholarship award that will automatically be reflected in your next billing cycle). You will need your student username and password and the CRN# of the program in which you wish to participate. The program is set up as a direct bill to your account.
- Find the CRN# of the course you want to register for next to the course title on the On-Campus and Off-Campus program pages
- Log into the Student System (have your username and password ready)
- Click register for classes
- Select "Summer 2018"
- Enter the CRN# of your program (top tab, second button)
- Hit add to summary button
- Click on "submit changes" (lower right hand corner of screen)
- If the status says "REGISTERED," you do not need to do anything else
Required forms for all first-year students participating in a Pre-Orientation program, each participant will fill out a total of three forms:
For international students who will be covered by Skidmore CDCHP, we understand there will be a delay in getting us your insurance information.
Please submit these by scanning (if you do take a picture and send it, please test it on your computer first to make sure it is clear and legible) and email to email@example.com or send via snail-mail to:
Attn: Pre-Orientation Case 309
815 N. Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
All first-year students attending a Pre-Orientation program need to arrive on campus on the morning of Thursday, August 30, 2018, to check in to their assigned student housing
No first-year students are allowed to check in prior to Thursday, August 30, 2018!
- Students participating in off-campus programs will check in between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Students participating in on-campus programs will check in between 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
Visit the Orientation site to find schedules for your first day of Orientation
There will be a parent Orientation program on August 30, 2018, that mimics the orientation on Sept. 2. There are typically close to 400 students who participate in Pre-O, which makes the day quite lively! Please see your first-year packets for more information or visit the First Year Experience webpages.