Skip to Main Content
Skidmore College
Faculty and Staff Benefits

External Tuition Benefit

After three years of continuous service, eligible employees may apply for tuition assistance for their legally dependent children, or legally dependent children of their eligible domestic partner, for 75% of the cost of tuition to a maximum of $975 per semester, or $1,950 per year, when attending an accredited college other than Skidmore for an undergraduate degree. This benefit is not available if the student is participating in the Tuition Exchange Program.  Legally dependent children are those who qualify as dependents under the IRS code. Tuition assistance is available for up to eight semesters of undergraduate studies.

Who is eligible for the external tuition benefit?

  • Regular or temporary full-time employees hired in a nine- to twelve-month appointment
  • Part-time employees hired to work in a twelve-month position for at least 1,365 hours per year
  • Full-time faculty appointed in temporary positions for at least two consecutive semesters are eligible for this benefit after three years of continuous service. Employees in shared appointments will receive a prorated portion of the tuition benefit after three years of continuous service.