Student Award Nominations
Please use the form below to nominate a student
Please use the form at the bottom of this page to submit your nominations for one of the following awards. Self-nominations will not be considered, nor will nominations be considered if the nominator does not meet the requirements listed below each award.
The following awards are given by various divisions of the college and our designed to honor individuals that have made outstanding contributions to the community through their involvement, service, and leadership development activities.
The Rodney D. Andrews Prize
- “Established by Dr. and Mrs. Carl R. Comstock in grateful appreciation of the beautiful character of the Reverend Rodney D. Andrews and awarded to the senior student whose life in the College community has been, like his, one of cheerful unobtrusive and unselfish service.”
The Barbara Hume Memorial Award
- “Established in memory of Barbara J. Hume, ‘67 and awarded each year to an upperclassman, preferably a junior, who has shown personal growth as a result of new interests developed while at Skidmore.”
The Katherine Scranton Rozendaal Citizenship Award
- “Awarded to senior students in recognition of their outstanding citizenship in the Skidmore community and who have lived and learned respectably by the Skidmore Honor Code.”
- To be eligible for this award a nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time member of the current Senior Class.
- Has remained in good academic standing during their Skidmore tenure.
- Has maintained an excellent social conduct record during their Skidmore tenure
- Has compiled a distinguished record of co-curricular involvement during his/her Skidmore tenure.
- Has demonstrated exemplary leadership in contributing to the quality of Skidmore life.
The Sara Bennett '92 Memorial Prize for Leadership in Student Journalism
- “Established in memory of Sara Bennett ‘92 and awarded each year to a student who has shown distinguished writing skills, energy and commitment to the highest standard of student journalism.
The Jane Anne Hapeman Distinguished Service Award
- These awards, established in 1992, honors the memory of Jane Anne Hapeman who, through her work in the offices of Admissions and Student Academic Affairs over the course of eight years, assisted countless students in making the transition from home and high school to college life.
- Candidates for these awards must be full time upper-class students who are well-rounded individuals with diverse interests, strong character and high initiative, and who, like Mrs. Hapeman, clearly enjoy giving of themselves in helpful and supportive ways. Recipients for these awards are primarily nominated by first year students.
The Skidmore Thoroughbred Award
- The "Skidmore Thoroughbred Leader" awards recognize and thank graduating senior leaders who have contributed consistently to the co-curricular life of the College. These senior award recipients have unselfishly devoted countless hours of their time, as well as their energy, skills and talents to building a richly diverse and vibrant campus life at Skidmore.