During the academic year, departments may find the need to solicit services from Facilities Services.
New WORK ORDER REQUEST SYSTEM IS NOW ACTIVE:
This new system will improve efficiencies, as Facilities staff will have real-time access to review and update work orders. The information needed from Skidmore community members for work orders is unchanged, but an enhanced feature for communicating a work order’s status will be added. Click here to access the Maximo system. Find instructions on how to enter a work order here or watch this video.
Work orders are processed in the order in which they are received. Work orders are prioritized in the following manner:
Emergency Maintenance Issues
Emergency maintenance are issues that requires immediate attention for the safety of occupants, the property and your belongings. Please do not submit an emergency request on-line or via e-mail.
Please contact the office by phone during regular business hours – 518-580-5860 Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. For after hours, emergencies please contact Campus Safety @ x5566. Below see some examples of what an emergency maintenance issue is.
- Plumbing/flooding – a water leak that cannot be contained with a bucket, ceiling leaks, overflowing or clogged toilets and only one bathroom is available, clogged drains/toilets, critical plumbing fixture malfunction ex. no water or no hot water
- HVAC – lack of critical cooling/heating
- Electrical – power to one or more rooms is out, only light in room is out, exposed wires, fire alarm malfunction
- General Maintenance – Card access or door latch failure, broken window
- Elevators – If only one elevator is available
- Custodial – chemical spills, biohazard clean-up,glass clean-up
- Grounds – icy/slippery conditions, downed trees
- Miscellaneous – any building component or system that may result in life safety or property damage
Emergency maintenance issues will be addressed immediately
Routine Service Requests
Routine Service Requests are issues that do not require immediate attention and can be addressed during regular maintenance hours. These issues will be processed and scheduled based on workloads, importance and date received. Please allow up to 2 weeks for completion of your Routine Service Request. If your work order cannot be completed within that period a facilities services representative will contact you. Please see below examples of Routine Service Requests
- Plumbing – dripping faucet, garbage disposal malfunction/clog, loose toilet seat
- HVAC – air conditioning for non-critical areas, cold calls within college temperature parameters
- Electrical – lights bulbs out, outlet not working
- General Maintenance – hole in the wall, painting, shelving requests, ceiling tile replacement, blinds, carpet
- Custodial – recycling pick-ups, carpet cleaning, special cleaning requests,
- Miscellaneous – pest control, event requests, moving requests
- Please contact Residential Life for vending machine issues, washing machine/dryer repairs and cable/IT issues
Your work order will have a two week target date of completion applied. If your work order is not able to be completed within that time frame you will be contacted by a facilities services representative.