Trained sexual and gender-based misconduct support specialists for responding students
The sexual and gender-based misconduct (SGBM) support specialist is a Skidmore Community staff or faculty member, appointed by the dean of student affairs, who is trained to support responding students.
- While students can elect not to use a SGBM support specialist, students are strongly encouraged to choose and to work with an support specialist.
- support specialists are available at the request of the responding students.
- Responding students may choose from a diverse list of potential SGBM support specialists and may switch SGBM support specialists at any point should they choose.
- The SGBM support specialist is trained to help the responding student understand the nature of the formal complaint and to discuss the sexual and gender-based misconduct policy and all processes involved.
- The SGBM support specialist assists the responding student in understanding the alleged violation of the sexual and gender-based misconduct policy, the severity of the accusations against them, the process and all possible sanctions.
- The SGBM support specialist may assist the responding student throughout the campus conduct process, including being present at the commenting session. SGBM support specialists may not speak at the commenting session.
- In consultation with other college officials or faculty members where appropriate,
an SGBM support specialist may assist in arranging accommodations, which may include:
- Change of on-campus student housing to different on-campus location
- Exam (paper, assignment) rescheduling
- Taking an incomplete in a class
- Transferring of sections
- Alternative course-completion options
Trained Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct support specialists for Responding Students
Senior Teaching Associate, Biology
Director, Student Academic Services