Trained sexual and gender-based misconduct advisors for responding students
The sexual and gender-based misconduct (SGBM) advisor is a Skidmore Community staff or faculty member, appointed by the dean of student affairs, who is trained to support responding students.
- While students can elect not to use a SGBM advisor, students are strongly encouraged to choose and to work with an advisor.
- Advisors are available at the request of the responding students.
- Responding students may choose from a diverse list of potential SGBM advisors and may switch SGBM advisors at any point should they choose.
- The SGBM advisor is trained to help the responding student understand the nature of the formal complaint and to discuss the sexual and gender-based misconduct policy and all processes involved.
- The SGBM advisor assists the responding student in understanding the alleged violation of the sexual and gender-based misconduct policy, the severity of the accusations against them, the process and all possible sanctions.
- The SGBM advisor may assist the responding student throughout the campus conduct process, including being present at the conduct hearing. SGBM advisors may not speak at the conduct hearing.
- In consultation with other college officials or faculty members where appropriate, an SGBM advisor may assist in arranging accommodations, which may include:
- Change of on-campus student housing to different on-campus location
- Exam (paper, assignment) rescheduling
- Taking an incomplete in a class
- Transferring of sections
- Alternative course-completion options
Trained Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct Advisors for Responding Students
Senior Teaching Associate, Biology
Assistant Director, Athletics
Director, Student Academic Services
Academic Counselor and Tutor Coordinator
Student Academic Services