June 26 – July 23, 2022
Since 1987, The New York State Summer Writers Institute has been offering students the opportunity to learn from an extraordinary faculty of distinguished writers led by director Robert Boyers. The program is an offshoot of the New York State Writers Institute created by Albany native and Pulitzer Prize-winning author William Kennedy. The curriculum is designed for college-aged students and adults and is held on the serene Skidmore College campus in Saratoga Springs, New York.
- Creative writing workshops in poetry, fiction and non-fiction
- Small classes that offer individualized attention and workshop student writings
- Public readings and afternoon Q & A sessions with world-renowned guest writers
- Weekend events, publishing symposia, panel discussions, student readings and social gatherings
- Private tutorial sessions for student fiction manuscripts, book-length poetry, or non-fiction (available for an additional fee)
- Option to enroll for one-week, two-week, or four-week sessions
- Optional undergraduate credit for eligible students enrolled in one genre for four weeks
- Option to live on campus in furnished, air-conditioned apartments
- Merit Scholarships for tuition
All on the idyllic campus of Skidmore College, just minutes away from the SaratogaPerforming Arts Center, the historic Saratoga Racecourse and Saratoga Battlefield.The Adirondacks, Berkshires, and Green Mountains are all within driving distance.
I enjoyed every aspect of the program from the workshop experience to the craft sessions and readings.
– 2019 PARTICIPANT
With sponsorship by