Associate Professor of Classics
Office: Filene Hall 212
- Ph.D., University of Washington (1999).
- A.M., Washington University in Saint Louis (1991).
- B.A., Beloit College (1988).
Metatheater: Heroines and Ephebes in Ovid's Metamorphoses. (Director, S. Hinds.)
TEACHING AND RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Latin poetry of late republic and early empire.
- Publius Ovidius Naso and his reception.
- Rome and Roman topography through the ages.
- Greek and Roman drama, especially tragedy.
- Ancient biography and life-writing.
- Classical myth on film.
- (under contract for Wiley-Blackwell) Classical Myth on Film.
- (in prep.) "Clash of the Titans: Divine Handiwork, Divine Myth."
- 2013. Tragedy in Ovid. Cambridge University Press.
- 2004. "The Alcaic Kid (Horace, Odes 3.13)." CW 97:137–52.
- 2003. "Ovid's Tereus." In Shards from Kolonos, 163-97. Bari.
- 1997. "A Dialogue between Mother and Son." CQ 47: 320–2.