Leadership, Teaching and Learning
Partnering with faculty, staff, and students to promote inclusive excellence
In accordance with our liberal arts mission, Skidmore College’s Center for Leadership,
Teaching, and Learning (CLTL) partners with faculty, staff, and students on campus
to promote excellence and innovation in teaching and learning through inclusive, evidence-based,
and student-centered practices.
Mission & history
Programs and Goals
- support faculty research and creative work;
- support staff access to professional development opportunities;
- further the creativity, collaboration, and professional renewal* among faculty at all stages of their teaching careers as they develop, refine, and reflect on their own distinctive practices;
- stimulate honest exchange of ideas about differing pedagogical practices and related student-learning outcomes;
- center diversity and inclusion principles as integral to best teaching practices; and
- encourage the evaluation and assessment of newly adopted approaches to teaching and learning.