About the CLTL
In accordance with our liberal arts mission, Skidmore College’s Center for Leadership,
Teaching, and Learning (CLTL) partners with faculty, staff, and students on campus
to promote excellence and innovation in teaching and learning through inclusive, evidence-based,
and student-centered practices.
Through its programs, the center aims to
- support faculty research and creative work;
- support staff access to professional development opportunities;
- further the creativity, collaboration, and professional renewal* among faculty at all stages of their teaching careers as they develop, refine, and reflect on their own distinctive practices;
- stimulate honest exchange of ideas about differing pedagogical practices and related student-learning outcomes;
- center diversity and inclusion principles as integral to best teaching practices; and
- encourage the evaluation and assessment of newly adopted approaches to teaching and learning.
*Inspired by the St. Lawrence University CLT
- In 2014 Skidmore received an Andrew W. Mellon Foundation grant of $250,000 to launch
the Center for Leadership in Teaching and Learning. The funds supported and advanced
research-based teaching and learning practices, as well as professional development
for all members of Skidmore’s teaching community.
Read more: Mellon Foundation grant to enhance faculty development.