With 19 varsity teams, dozens of club and intramural sports and significant wellness activity on campus, athletics and related programs are an integral piece of the Skidmore experience.
- Student athletes are excelling on and off the field, but Skidmore’s athletic facilities have not kept pace with the same standard of excellence
- Thoroughbred sports have grown in popularity and importance on campus, and our scholar-athletes deserve the spaces and resources befitting true competitors
- The competition to recruit great athletes and talented, well-rounded students has never been more challenging; the addition of modern facilities will help bolster our efforts
- Complete construction of the new Valentine Boathouse
- Continue to build alumni and parent giving, as well as donor participation rates, in support of annual operating expenditures for athletics
- Bring our tennis program back onto campus in a new NCAA-approved facility
- Double fitness and wellness space for recreational athletes
- Create state-of-the-art weight training facilities
- Expand and enhance locker-room spaces to accommodate teams throughout all seasons
OUR GOAL - $20 million
Last update: April 2018
How You Can Help
Gifts will support athletics capital projects, athletic teams and programs as well as fitness and wellness on campus.
To make a gift, please visit our website or call the Office of Advancement at 518-580-5660.