Athletics, Health and Wellness
With 19 varsity teams, dozens of club and intramural sports and significant wellness activity on campus, athletics and related programs are an integral piece of the Skidmore experience.
- Student athletes are excelling on and off the field, but Skidmore’s athletic facilities have not kept pace with the same standard of excellence
- Thoroughbred sports have grown in popularity and importance on campus, and our scholar-athletes deserve the spaces and resources befitting true competitors
- The competition to recruit great athletes and talented, well-rounded students has never been more challenging; the addition of modern facilities will help bolster our efforts
- Complete construction of the new Valentine Boathouse
- Continue to build alumni and parent giving, as well as donor participation rates, in support of annual operating expenditures for athletics
- Bring our tennis program back onto campus in a new NCAA-approved facility
- Double fitness and wellness space for recreational athletes
- Create state-of-the-art weight training facilities
- Expand and enhance locker-room spaces to accommodate teams throughout all seasons
OUR GOAL - $20 million
Last update: September 2020
How You Can Help
Gifts will support athletics capital projects, athletic teams and programs as well as fitness and wellness on campus.
To make a gift, please visit our website or call the Office of Advancement at 518-580-5660.