A Skidmore education strikes a balance between mind and body, and that includes athletics and recreational activities. Students engaged in a rigorous academic program excel when they lead active, healthy lifestyles. Our goal is to expand, update, and build facilities that reflect this belief.
- Athletic competition gives students the opportunity to stay fit through exercise while learning to compete on the playing fields and beyond
- Thoroughbred sports have grown in popularity and importance on campus, and our scholar-athletes deserve the spaces and resources befitting true competitors
- The competition to recruit great athletes and talented, well-rounded students has never been more challenging; the addition of modern facilities will help bolster our efforts
- Complete construction of the new Valentine Boathouse
- Continue to build alumni and parent giving, as well as donor participation rates, in support of annual operating expenditures for athletics
- Bring our tennis program back onto campus in a new NCAA-approved facility
- Double fitness and wellness space for recreational athletes
- Create state-of-the-art weight training facilities
- Expand and enhance locker-room spaces to accommodate teams throughout all seasons
How You Can Help
Directing your support to the athletics annual fund, or to an individual team, will help cover the annual operating needs of our programs and the campus athletics community.
In addition to the annual needs, support for facilities will create a more well-rounded athletic, fitness, and recreational experience for the entire Skidmore community.
To make a gift, please visit our website or call the Office of Advancement at 518-580-5660.