Frances Young Tang '61 Teaching Museum and Art Gallery
The Tang is a national model for learning with museums. A distinctive part of the Skidmore experience, the Tang’s role as a laboratory for undergraduate exploration and creativity is second to none. Faculty, students, our regional community, and visitors from around the world experience dynamic collections, inspiring artworks, and innovative performances and programs every year.
- Developing challenging and inspirational exhibitions takes expertise and resources. A dedicated, permanent source of funding is critical to ensure the Tang retains and enhances its position as a model for innovation
- New financial resources will allow the Tang to thrive and grow, introducing new generations of students and faculty to exhibitions, programs, and opportunities
- Build the Tang’s endowment to $25+ million by its 20th anniversary in 2020
- Acquire works that support the exhibition program and expand teaching possibilities
- Support interdisciplinary exhibitions and programs
How You Can Help
- Gifts of all levels support current exhibitions, programs, and publications through the Friends of the Tang
- $15,000+ provides current, named funding for exhibitions, publications, acquisitions, or education and outreach initiatives
- $100,000+ creates an endowed fund to support a specific aspect of the Tang in perpetuity
- Gifts of art enhance the College's permanent collection—please contact the Tang directly if you would like to donate a work of art
To make a gift, please visit our website or call the Office of Advancement at 518-580-5660.