Center for Integrated Sciences
The single largest academic initiative in Skidmore’s history, CIS will be a hub that fosters unique interdisciplinary connections between and among the sciences, arts, humanities and social sciences. Phase 1 construction will begin May 2018.
- 200,000 square feet of new and renovated space, 46 research labs, 16 classrooms and meeting rooms and 22 teaching labs
- All 10 science departments and programs and 90+ science faculty under one roof
- An IdeaLab where students and faculty can explore solutions to today’s key issues
- In the last decade, the number of science majors has doubled.
- Classrooms are spread across campus, and aging labs can no longer accommodate today's dynamic curriculum or number of students.
- Most of the complex challenges our society faces today involve science. All of them demand that we think beyond traditional boundaries.
- Creative thought needs a home that fosters collaboration and inspires innovative solutions to real-world problems.
OUR GOAL - $50 MILLION
Last update: October 2018
How You Can Help
- Up to $24,999 supports the construction of the CIS through the General Building Fund.
- $25,000–$99,999 names a faculty office or student study cove in the CIS.
- $100,000+ names a teaching or laboratory space, as well as other possibilities.
To make a gift, please visit our website or call the Office of Advancement at 518-580-5660.
For more information about the Center for Integrated Sciences, visit our website.