Career Development and Transformative Experiences
Collaborative research, internships and other experiential learning opportunities help students realize their passion and potential and set them on the path successful, fulfilling careers.
- Employers seek creative thinkers with practical experience who know how to achieve results.
- Hands-on experience helps students to explore a particular career and gain relevant knowledge and skills.
- Currently, Skidmore is only able to support 25% of students who apply for summer internship funding.
- We want all students to have the chance to participate in at least one career-enhancing opportunity during their time here.
- Double the number of funded summer internships
- Increase student research opportunities
- Expand our career preparation programs
- Establish more artistic residencies, workshops and apprenticeships
OUR GOAL - $10 million
Last update: November 2019
How You Can Help
- Up to $4,999 supports the summer internship general fund, which provides paid opportunities in any field, anywhere.
- $5,000+ names a summer internship for one student.
- $10,000+ funds a student-faculty collaborative research grant for the summer.
- $100,000+ names an endowed fund providing support in perpetuity for one deserving student each year.
To make a gift, please visit our website or call the Office of Advancement at 518-580-5660.