- Paige Durrant ’19 pens a first-hand account of the Skidmore Career Development Center’s largest on-campus networking event, Career Jam.
- Skidmore's Tang Teaching Museum has received first prize in the 2018 American Alliance of Museums Publications Design Competition for the publication Accelerate.
- The family of Charlotte Lamson Clarke ’53, who died in 2016, has given a $2 million gift to establish in her memory Skidmore College’s first endowed chair in art history.
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation has awarded Skidmore College a $912,000 grant to promote diversity and global learning initiatives in its new general education curriculum.
- Meg Estapa, assistant professor of geoscience, is on a joint mission with NASA and the National Science Foundation to go 3,300 feet below the surface of the ocean, otherwise known as the twilight zone.
- How does a summer morning spent simulating on-scene firefighter tasks in high heat and humidity with 30+ pounds of fire gear feel? That just what Denise Smith, professor of health and human physiological sciences, along with Skidmore students, alumni, and several first responders wanted to find out.
- The Skidmore College Saratoga Classic Horse Show celebrated its 21st annual year of operation with the opening of its new home at White Hollow Farm.
- Leslie Snow Féron '48 recently revealed the depth of her devotion to the Skidmore community with the gift of a $2.4 million unrestricted bequest.