Scholarships and Financial Aid
Scholarships and financial aid are key to providing talented students the opportunity to realize their ambitions and fulfill their dreams regardless of economic circumstances.
- Gifts for scholarships bring diversity of culture, experience, ethnicity, intellectual interests and economic backgrounds to our community
- The need is great, and growing: 69% of our applicants now request financial aid.
- Despite remarkable advances, we still cannot fund all deserving students who apply for financial aid
- Recruit, retain and develop exceptional students
- Bring 20–25 new aided students to campus each year
- Create 80–100 new scholarships by 2020
- Assure that more than half the student body receives aid
- Admit 80% of each class on a need-blind basis
OUR GOAL - $50 million
Last update: May 2019
How You Can Help
- Up to $9,999 supports Skidmore's general scholarship fund, providing financial aid to more than 1,000 students each year.
- $10,000+ (Scholarship Circle level) provides leadership support for some of the college's most talented students. Donors learn about students' accomplishments throughout the year.
- $25,000+ names an annual scholarship to be awarded to a deserving student.
- $100,000+ names an endowed scholarship fund providing support in perpetuity to a deserving student or students each year.
To make a gift, please visit our website or call the Office of Advancement at 518-580-5660.