After careful consideration of current projections surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, Skidmore College has made the difficult decision to cancel all on-campus summer academic programs, including the Pre-College Program, for 2020. Courses will not be offered online. All program application fees will be refunded. We very much regret the necessity for this decision and share in the disappointment it brings, but the well-being of all members of our community and our guests must remain Skidmore’s highest priority. Please refer to the College announcement for further information. We extend our thoughts and very best wishes to students and their families.
The 2020 Pre-College Application is CLOSED.
Prospective students must apply for admission to the program. As many courses fill quickly, prospective students are encouraged to apply early for the best chance of enrolling in first-choice courses. The Financial Aid Application deadline has been extended to Friday, April 17th.
High school students currently in their sophomore, junior or senior year are eligible to apply as either residential or day/commuter students. Current high school freshman may apply as day/commuter students only. International applicants will require a student visa to study in the United States.
Completed applications are reviewed by the admissions committee. Applicants are evaluated on academic excellence, intellectual curiosity and readiness to study and live independently in a college setting. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, and applicants are notified of the admissions committee's decision by email. Accepted students must confirm their attendance with a $500 nonrefundable program deposit (deposit is waved for accepted students who receive financial aid awards).
How to Apply
The Skidmore Pre-College Program welcomes high-achieving, mature and motivated juniors and seniors who share a common interest in preparing for college success. Before applying please visit our Forms and Policies page to determine that the Skidmore Pre-College Program good is a good fit for you.
A complete application consists of the following materials:
- Completed online application form
- Application fee of $60 (nonrefundable)
- Personal statement (typed, one page minimum, stating why you choose to enroll in the program and what you hope to accomplish)
- Art portfolio consisting of 8–10 digital color photos of recent work and a description/summary of photos (applicable only for students seeking to enroll in studio art classes)
- Official copy of most recent high school transcript and current grade report, sent to us from your high school. Applicants must request an official transcript containing their current grades/marks since ninth grade, including fall 2019. Please note: If your current grades are not reflected on your transcript, please also send us a copy of your most current grade report.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers who know you well—a link will be provided for you in the application confirmation email
- Financial aid application The Financial Aid Application deadline has been extended to Friday, April 17th.
- International student visa application (if applicable)
Once you complete the online application form, you will receive an email requesting that you contact your references with a recommendation form link, and to submit the supporting documents.