The 2022 Pre-College Application is CLOSED!
The Skidmore Pre-College Program welcomes high-achieving, mature and motivated high school students who share a common interest in preparing for college success. Before applying please be sure to fully review our website to determine that the Skidmore Pre-College Program good is a good fit for you.
Prospective students must apply for admission to the program. As many courses fill quickly, prospective students are encouraged to apply early for the best chance of enrolling in first-choice courses.
High school students from the US and abroad who are currently in their sophomore, junior or senior year are eligible to apply.
Completed applications are reviewed by the admissions committee. Applicants are evaluated on academic excellence, intellectual curiosity and readiness to study.
Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis; however, the deadline for scholarship applicants is Friday, April 1st. Applicants are notified of the admissions committee's decision by email. Accepted students must confirm their attendance with a $500 nonrefundable program deposit (the deposit is waived for accepted students who receive a scholarship award).
How to Apply
A complete application consists of the following materials:
- Completed online application form (apply link below).
- Application fee of $60 (nonrefundable).
- Personal statement (typed, one page minimum, stating why you want to attend the program and what you hope to accomplish) - uploaded as part of the online application.
- Official copy of most recent high school transcript and a current grade report, submitted to us directly by your high school via electronic submission. The official transcript must contain current grades/marks since ninth grade. The application confirmation email will include further instructions for your high school to submit your transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers who know you well. Be prepared with their names, titles and emails to include in the program application. A confirmation email will include additional instructions for forwarding the recommenders link to your teachers.
- Read, sign, and save the required Pre-College Program Consent and Waiver Release (PDF or Word Doc), which will be uploaded as part of the online application. *Requires parent/guardian signature.
- Scholarship Application (if applicable) - The Scholarship Application is waived for applicants from our formal partner organizations/schools (our school/partner organizations are listed here). All others must submit the Scholarship Application as an attachment to the online Pre-College Program application to be considered for scholarship funding. All application materials, including the high school transcript, current grade report, and two letters of recommendation must be received with the program and scholarship applications by the April 1, 2022 deadline. You will find the application and eligibility/instructions on the Scholarship Application page. *Requires parent/guardian signature.