The 2021 Pre-College Application Will Open SOON.
Prospective students must apply for admission to the program. As many courses fill quickly, prospective students are encouraged to apply early for the best chance of enrolling in first-choice courses. The Financial Aid Application deadline is Thursday, April 1st.
High school students from the US and abroad who are currently in their sophomore, junior or senior year are eligible to apply.
Completed applications are reviewed by the admissions committee. Applicants are evaluated on academic excellence, intellectual curiosity and readiness to study.
Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, and applicants are notified of the admissions committee's decision by email. Accepted students must confirm their attendance with a $500 nonrefundable program deposit (deposit is waved for accepted students who receive financial aid awards).
How to Apply
The Skidmore Pre-College Program welcomes high-achieving, mature and motivated sophores, juniors and seniors who share a common interest in preparing for college success. Before applying please be sure to fully review our website to determine that the Skidmore Pre-College Program good is a good fit for you.
A complete application consists of the following materials:
- Completed online application form - link coming soon.
- Application fee of $60 (nonrefundable)
- Personal statement (typed, one page minimum, stating why you choose to enroll in the program and what you hope to accomplish) - uploaded as part of the online application.
- Art portfolio consisting of 8–10 digital color photos of recent work and a description/summary of photos (applicable only for students seeking to enroll in studio art classes)
- Official copy of most recent high school transcript and current grade report, sent to us digitally from your high school. Applicants must request an official transcript containing their current grades/marks since ninth grade, including fall 2020. Please note: If your current grades are not reflected on your transcript, please also send us a copy of your most current grade report. Link to platform for submitting eletronic documents coming soon.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers who know you well—a link will be provided for you in the application confirmation email
- Financial aid application (in progress) - The Financial Aid Application deadline is Thursday, April 1st.
Once you complete the online application form, you will receive an email requesting that you contact your references with a recommendation form link, and to digitally submit the supporting documents.