Skidmore's Department of Health Promotion makes information available on a wide range of health topics and is committed to providing resources that will help individuals within the Skidmore community to make responsible choices. Health Promotion:
- offers student programming (on topics including sexuality, alcohol and other drugs, nutrition, stress management, relationships, eating disorders, body image, and others)
- provides one-on-one consultations
- coordinates employee trainings and workshops related to health
- conducts health assessments and research on campus
- offers health-related academic courses
Programs run through Health Promotion include:
- Peer Health Educators - students committed to promoting healthy choices and lifestyles through educating and empowering themselves and their peers on a variety of health related topics
- BASICS - an alcohol and/or other drugs assessment and education program that is available to all Skidmore students. BASICS is designed to help you, the student, examine your drinking and/or drug use behavior in an judgement-free environment. It is not an abstinence-only program.
- Social Norms Campaign - Ab awareness campaign that aims to correct misperceptions students have around alcohol and other drug use at Skidmore.
- The Source - A helpful tool to assist students in connecting to peers with similiar interests. It also provides a calendar with events occuring on campus and in town.