Nu Rho Psi
Nu Rho Psi is a national honor society for neuroscientists of all levels.
The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to:
- encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience;
- award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship;
- advance the discipline of neuroscience; encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in neuroscience and related fields;
- promote career development in neuroscience and related fields;
- increase public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society; and
- encourage service to the community.
Skidmore maintains a local chapter of Nu Rho Psi. To become part of the organization, a student must meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 semesters of college curriculum completed
- A minimum of 3 courses towards the NS major completed
- Students should be registered as an NS major
- 3.4 overall cumulative GPA
- 3.5 Neuroscience major GPA
- High standards of personal behavior and a two-thirds affirmative vote from the current chapter members.
Inductions are held every fall. Please contact our faculty sponsor, Dr. Saritga Lagalwar (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on how to apply.