Participants on Skidmore in Alcalá program are charged a program fee comparable to studying on Skidmore's campus for a semester or year. In addition to the program fee, we suggest students budget an extra $2,000 to $3,000 for personal expenses.
The program fee covers:
- Tuition, up to 18 credits per semester
- Individual and group tutorials
- Housing with a local host family
- Meals with your host family, as well as a weekly lunch allowance
- All program-sponsored excursions and activities in Alcalá, Madrid, and surrounding areas
- Monthly transportation pass for unlimited access to all bus, metro, and train routes within Alcalá and between Alcalá and Madrid
- Cultural reimbursement and extracurricular allowance for approved activities and events up to pre-determined amount
- International medical insurance (required)
- Orientations at both Skidmore and in Madrid, including orientation materials (maps, ID cards, residency card fees, UAH schedules and catalogs, tour information, etc.)
- Use of UAH facilities (computer and e-mail access, sports facilities, etc.)
- European Youth Card
- Administrative support services of the Skidmore staff inSaratoga Springs andSpain
The program fee does not cover:
- Passport and visa costs
- Round-trip travel to/from Spain
- Housing and meals during winter and spring breaks
- Books and supplies
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) (optional)
- Certain course fees in studio art, theater, and dance
- Personal expenses, including but not limited to cell phone and e-mail charges
Please contact OCSE with any questions.
Skidmore College students participating in this program may apply their financial aid to the costs of the program, and should consult with the Financial Aid Office regarding any questions. Non-Skidmore students should check with the financial aid office at their home campus for more information.