Orientation Information for First-Year and Transfer Students
Welcome to Skidmore! Whether you are an incoming first-year student staying on campus or heading to London, an international student, or a transfer student, we have planned an orientation to help you make the transition to Skidmore. We’ve tailored each orientation to fit the unique needs of each group. From sessions meant to help you get to know your classmates, explore the campus, and discuss your academic goals and pursuits, our purpose is to be sure you have the information you need to begin a successful career at Skidmore. For this reason, Orientation is required for all first-year and transfer students.
Below you will find the dates and schedules for orientations happening this fall.
Click here for the 2013 Family Orientation Guide.
Winter 2014 Orientation Dates:
London FYE: January 18-19, 2014
New and Transfer Students: January 17-20, 2014
Classes begin: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Orientation Dates for the Class of 2018:
- London FYE: August 18-20, 2014
- International Student Orientation: TBA
- Sophomore Outdoor Leadership Experience, SOLE: TBA
- Pre-Orientation: August 28-31, 2014
- New Student Orientation: August 31-September 5, 2014
- Transfer Student Orientation: August 31-September 5, 2014
- Parent/Family Orientation: August 28, 2014 or August 31, 2014
Winter 2014 Orientation Schedules:
Transfer January Orientation: Coming Soon
Past Orientation Schedules:
Orientation Schedules - Fall 2013**
- London Orientation Schedule
- Pre-Orientation Schedule for August 28, 2013 (tentative)
- New Student Orientation Schedule
- Transfer and Exchange Students (tentative)
Office Hours for Student Services - Fall 2013
*Schedules for the Class of 2018 will be posted in May 2014. Please use the 2013 schedules as a reference for the types of activities Skidmore's Orientations include.