Orientation Information for First-Year, Transfer, and Exchange Students
Welcome to Skidmore! Whether you are an incoming first-year student staying on campus or heading to London, an international student, a transfer student, or an exchange student, we have planned an orientation to help you make the transition to Skidmore. We’ve tailored each orientation to fit the unique needs of each group. From sessions meant to help you get to know your classmates, explore the campus, and discuss your academic goals and pursuits, our purpose is to be sure you have the information you need to begin a successful career at Skidmore. For this reason, Orientation is required for all first-year, transfer, and exchange students.
Below you will find the dates and schedules for orientations happening this fall.
2014 Family Orientation Guide
Winter 2015 Orientation Dates:
- London FYE: Saturday, January 17-Sunday, January 18. Click here for schedule.
- Transfer and Exchange Student Orientation: Friday, January 16-Sunday, January 18.
*Spring Classes Begin: Tuesday, January 20, 2015
(Martin Luther King Day: Observed Monday, January 19, 2015 )
Fall 2015 Orientation Dates
- London FYE: Monday, August 24- Wednesday, August 26, 2015
- International Student Orientation (by invitation):TBA
- Sophomore Outdoor Leadership Experience, SOLE: TBA
- Pre-Orientation: Thursday, September 3-Sunday, September 6, 2015
- New Student Orientation: Sunday, September 6-Friday, September 11, 2015
- Transfer and Exchange Student Orientation: Sunday, September 6-Friday, September 11, 2015
- Parent/Family Orientation: Thursday, September 3, 2015 / Sunday, September 6, 2015