Orientation Information for First-Year, Transfer, and Exchange Students
Welcome to Skidmore! Whether you are an incoming first-year student staying on campus or heading to London, an international student, a transfer student, or an exchange student, we have planned an orientation to help you make the transition to Skidmore. We’ve tailored each orientation to fit the unique needs of each group. From sessions meant to help you get to know your classmates, explore the campus, and discuss your academic goals and pursuits, our purpose is to be sure you have the information you need to begin a successful career at Skidmore. For this reason, Orientation is required for all first-year, transfer, and exchange students.
Below you will find the dates and schedules for orientations happening this fall.
2014 Family Orientation Guide
Fall 2014 Orientation Dates:
- London FYE: August 18-20, 2014
- International Student Orientation (by invitation): August 24 (arrival)- August 28 (AM only)
- Sophomore Outdoor Leadership Experience, SOLE: August 27-31, 2014
- Pre-Orientation: August 28-31, 2014
- New Student Orientation: August 31-September 5, 2014
- Transfer and Exchange Student Orientation: August 31-September 5, 2014
- Parent/Family Orientation: August 28, 2014 or August 31, 2014
Orientation Schedules - Fall 2014 coming soon*
- London Orientation Schedule
- International Student Orientation
- Pre-Orientation Schedule for August 28, 2014
- New Student Orientation Schedule
- Transfer and Exchange Student Schedule
Office Hours for Student Services - Fall 2014
- Pre-Orientation and New Student Orientation
*Schedules for the will be posted in May.