Audit Registration Information Spring 2015
- Audit Approval Form
- Create or reactivate your Skidmore Email Account (Skidmore ID and Date of Birth required)
When can I sign up for courses?
December 8th - December 18th
January 6th - January 16th
9:00-11:30am & 1:30-4:00pm
(Employees may sign up starting December 2nd)
Where do I sign up?
Starbuck Center, Second floor, 203
When do classes begin?
January 20, 2015
How much does it cost to audit?
That will vary based on the courses you select - consult the table below. Payment should be made in cash (exact amount is appreciated) or check made payable to Skidmore College.
Type of Fee
|Less than 55 years old||55 years or older|
|Non-Studio Art/Dance/Theater Course||$250 each course||$25|
|Studio Art, Dance, or Theater Course||$500 each course||$400 each course|
|Athletics Facilities Fee (optional)||$200 per semester||$200 per semester|
|Lab fees (if applicable)||Vary - see catalog for each course|
How many courses can I take?
Up to 2 courses.
Which courses are not allowed to be audited?
- SSP – Scribner Seminars.
- PA - Physical Activity courses.
- Courses where the instructor does not allow auditing.
Do I need permission to audit a course?
- Obtain instructor permission utilizing the Audit Approval Form or print out a copy of the e-mail from the instructor.
- You will e-mail, phone or attempt to visit the instructor on campus to obtain the permission.
- The Online Faculty Directory has contact information for Skidmore instructors, or you can call Skidmore General Information (518) 580-5000 (Automated) to obtain a phone number.
How do I choose a course?
- Go to the online Master Schedule to view courses being offered, course days and times, and instructor.
- Utilize the online Skidmore College Catalog to view course descriptions.
- Copies of the Catalog are available at the Registrar’s Office if you do not have access to the web.
- Students exclusively auditing courses do not have access to supplemental services such as the Health Center, Counseling Services, Student Academic Services, departmental tutoring, etc.
- Use of the Athletic Facilities is by special fee only.
- Blackboard: To obtain blackboard for your course, contact Kelly Dempsey at email@example.com. Include your name, student ID and course number.