Registration Step by Step
Use Internet Explorer to register for your classes.
STEP 1: Review the Guide
Be sure to walk through the Student Self Service Guide (NEW guide coming soon!) located on the Registrar's Office/Current Students web page. Your registration will go much more smoothly if you have reviewed this information before trying to register.
STEP 2: Check the Master Schedule
Check the Master Schedule for course listings, term specific course descriptions, and courses which meet all college requirements.
STEP 3: Plan your Schedule
Use the day/time grid worksheet. to plot out days and times for courses. Note the CRN numbers, as that will help for faster processing when it comes time to register.
STEP 4: Check for prerequisites and permissions, or special required forms.
Check the online Catalog for prerequisites. Check the Spec.Perm. column on the Master Schedule for special permission. Complete any special forms required for registration. All forms must be handed in at the time you register. Forms are available online or in the Registrar's Office unless otherwise noted.
- Overload Form: Total semester hours more than 18 (max of 20)
- Part Time Form: Total semester hours less than 12
- Dean's List Eligibility: at least 14 semester hours of credit
- Independent Study Form
- Advanced Studio Problems Form: (AR 365/366) - available in the Art Department
- Internship Form: (299/399 or IN 100) - available in the Office of Academic Advising
STEP 5: Check with your advisor
- Make an appointment with your faculty advisor to discuss your proposed schedule - come prepared! Print a copy of your Degree Audit.
- Ask your advisor to release your advising hold after your meeting.
- If you are currently studying abroad you will not have an advising hold in place however we do recommend contacting your advisor via email.
STEP 6: Review your registration status in the Student System - Student > Registration > Registration Status - Holds
Clear any financial holds before registration. Direct questions to the Office of Student Accounts. You will not be able to register with a hold.
Step 7: Register for classes using the Skidmore Student System self-service.
Be sure to walk through the Student Self Service Guide (New guide coming soon!) located on the Registrar's Office/Current Students web page.
Self Instructional Language Program
Enrollment for all Self Instructional Language Program should be completed during the normal registration period. All enrollees and late registrants need to come to PMH 417 for special instructions and information on course times and places. FINAL EXAM TIMES ARE DETERMINED BY AN OUTSIDE EXAMINER AND YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE TIME AND PLACE BY EMAIL.
Step 8: Always verify your completed schedule!